FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
I never get tired of making crisps, my Healthy Apple Crisp and this Berry Crisp (Gluten-Free) recipe, are the ultimate comfort dish, served with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream and they are such a treat loved by young and old
This recipe is also refined sugar-free. I used a maple syrup and coconut sugar. Blueberries and blackberries were on sale at my local health food store and I decided to stock up. I made this delicious Berry Crisp recipe and freeze the leftovers to make Blueberry Pineapple Bread and Blackberry Smoothie.
How To Make Berry Crisp (Gluten-Free)
To make this delicious summer berry crisp, I toss the berries with tapioca starch in a large bowl, stir in maple syrup, lemon, and vanilla. Then walnut is processed in a food processor, coconut flour, maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla, coriander, salt and coconut oil added for a delicious and crumbly topping.
The gluten-free berry crisp is then baked until sweet berries are bubbly. Delicious served warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
- 339 kcal / 1417 kJ
- 18 g
- 7 g
- 42 g
- 5 min
- 25 min
- Ready in:
- 30 min
- 3 cups blueberries
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 tbsp tapioca, (arrowroot or cornstarch)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. In a large bowl add berries, toss evenly with tapioca starch. Gently stir in maple syrup, lemon juice, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, add walnuts and pulse until finely ground.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and add coconut flour, sugar, vanilla, coriander and salt.
- Add pieces of coconut oil, and cut into mixture using a knife or pastry cutter until mixture comes together.
- Sprinkle topping over fruit and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Delicious served with ice-cream or whipped coconut cream.
You may substitute almonds or pecans for walnuts.