This amazing Blueberry Pineapple Bread is super moist, bursting with blueberries and the taste of pineapple and drizzled with a delicious pineapple glaze. Perfect take on blueberry bread, It is vegan, gluten-free and great for dessert or brunch.
For many years I have been meaning to add a vegan and gluten-free version of my very popular Pina Colada Bread with Blueberries. The time has finally come and I had the opportunity today to do it, the recipe used regular flour but I kept it because of it being a reader's favorite.
I had a male reader who left me a comment on Facebook saying he makes it very often for his family.
To make the bread I used a combination of brown rice flour and almond flour which you can purchase from Bob's Red Mills. I used organic cane sugar but coconut sugar can be substituted. For the blueberries fresh or frozen is fine. I made my own applesauce by processing peeled chopped apples and apple juice.
For the pineapple glaze, I processed organic cane sugar in a high-speed blender until powdery then I mix the powdered sugar with pineapple juice.
I am so excited to start a new facebook group, sharing lots of delicious vegan recipes, health tips etc. from our members, please join us at Vegan Recipes With Love! If you tried this recipe, please comment below and let us know how you like it. Also, please follow us on Instagram!
For The Bread
- 1 cup crushed pineapple , undrained
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut oil , melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons golden flaxseeds ground
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
For Pineapple Glaze
- 10 min
- 1 h
- Ready in:
- 1 h 10 min
For The Blueberry Bread
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F. Line baking pan with parchment paper and lightly grease, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine crushed pineapple, applesauce, coconut oil, vanilla, and ground flaxseeds. Mix well.
- Add sugar, brown rice flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt and mix well. Fold in blueberries.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan, bake in an oven for 60 -75 minutes or until a fork inserted into the center comes out clean.
- If needed, tent with foil for the last 15 minutes of baking to prevent excess browning on top of the bread.
- Remove from oven and allow bread to cool for about 15 minutes in pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with pineapple glaze.
To Make Pineapple Glaze
- Combine powdered sugar and pineapple juice in a bowl until smooth. Drizzle on top of bread and spread to cover.