FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
For many years I have been meaning to add a vegan and gluten-free version of my very popular Pina Colada Bread with Blueberries. The time has finally come and I had the opportunity today to do it, the recipe used regular flour but I kept it because of it being a reader’s favorite.
I had a male reader who left me a comment on Facebook saying he makes it very often for his family. I thought that was very sweet of him wanting to make the best blueberry bread ever with the addition of pineapple for a tropical taste.
How To Make Blueberry Pineapple Bread?
For the blueberries fresh or frozen is fine. I made my own applesauce by processing peeled chopped apples and apple juice.
For the pineapple glaze, I processed organic cane sugar in a high-speed blender until powdery then I mix the powdered sugar with pineapple juice.
Check out my other Gluten-Free, Vegan Bread:
- Vegan Lemon Pound Cake
- Strawberry Banana Bread
- Blueberry Lemon Bread
- Vegan Persimmon Bread
- Berry Banana Bread
For The Bread
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons golden flaxseeds ground
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
For Pineapple Glaze
For The Blueberry Bread
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F. Line baking pan with parchment paper and lightly grease, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine crushed pineapple, applesauce, coconut oil, vanilla, and ground flaxseeds. Mix well.
- Add sugar, brown rice flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt and mix well. Fold in blueberries.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan, bake in an oven for 60 -75 minutes or until a fork inserted into the center comes out clean.
- If needed, tent with foil for the last 15 minutes of baking to prevent excess browning on top of the bread.
- Remove from oven and allow bread to cool for about 15 minutes in pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with pineapple glaze.
To Make Pineapple Glaze
- Combine powdered sugar and pineapple juice in a bowl until smooth. Drizzle on top of bread and spread to cover.
- You can make it with fresh or frozen blueberries.