FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
Recently, I made a Lemon Pound Cake recipe and it was such a big hit I decided I had to make it for my reader, so I went out and bought more lemons.
The next day a reader tagged me on Facebook requesting a recipe for pound cake. I searched for my Lemon Pound Cake recipe from scratch and decided to make it again and share it here on my website.
Here are the reasons why this simple lemon glazed pound cake was such a delightful treat:
- Just the right sweetness
What You Will Need To Make Vegan Lemon Pound Cake
- Gluten-Free all-purpose flour, I used Pillsbury All Purpose, I'm not sure that other brands will work.
- Fresh Lemons -Juice and zest for great lemony taste
- Sugar, I love organic cane sugar - Florida Crystals
- Baking Powder, aluminum-free baking powder like Rumford or Hain
- Turmeric, I added a pinch for the yellow color
- Salt, I love to use Redmond Real Salt
- Almond Milk or any non-dairy milk
- Ground flaxseeds. to act as a binder. I used yellow so it would blend with the color of the pound cake.
- Coconut oil, for a moist cake but you can substitute with applesauce.
- Lemon glaze for pound cake.
- 9x5x2 baking pan
How To Make A Lemon Pound Cake?
To make this lemon pound cake from scratch, mix almond milk, ground flaxseeds, lemon juice, coconut oil and lemon zest in a medium bowl and set aside. Combine the gluten-free flour, sugar, baking powder, turmeric and salt in a large bowl.
Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients until smooth. Pour batter into a prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely then add the lemon glaze.
Check out my other Gluten-Free, Vegan Bread:
- Vegan Blueberry Pineapple Bread
- Strawberry Banana Bread
- Blueberry Lemon Bread
- Vegan Persimmon Bread
- Berry Banana Bread
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
- 1 kcal / 4 kJ
- 1 g
- 3 g
- 1 g
- 20 min
- 1 h
- Ready in:
- 1 h 25 min
Lemon Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest, (about 2 lemons)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Line baking pan with parchment paper, lightly grease and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix gluten-free flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and turmeric and mix well.
- In medium bowl, mix almond milk, ground flaxseeds, lemon juice, oil, lemon zest and stir to combine.
- Mix both dry ingredients and wet ingredients until batter is smooth.
- Scoop batter into a prepared 9x5x2 pan and bake in preheated oven for about 60 minutes. Remove from oven, place on a cooling rack and allow pound cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert and remove from pan to cool completely, top with lemon glaze.
- Mix together powdered sugar plus lemon juice in a medium bowl. Spread over lemon pound cake.
- For the powdered sugar, make your own by blending organic cane sugar in a high-speed blender.
- Make them into muffins instead of pound cake.
- You can add 2 drops of lemon oil to boost the flavor even though it is great without it.