FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
I could not go through the fall season without making these scrumptious treats. I absolutely love all the things I can do with pumpkin! I used some pumpkin puree in my Pumpkin Cheesecake and Pumpkin Stuffed Shells and Pumpkin Muffins recipes the other day and had some left over.
I decided to try making these mouthwatering cookies. The cookies were moist in the center with a nice crisp outside. The cookies were sweetened with coconut palm sugar. If you haven’t tried this sweetener, I recommend you do for not only is it healthy but it also lends a nice caramel flavor to your desserts.
How To Make Vegan Pumpkin Cookies
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, In another bowl combine all the liquid ingredients including pumpkin puree. Mix wet and dry ingredients together.
Scoop and drop cookies onto the prepared baking sheet and slightly flatten cookies with your fingers. Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Cool completely and add frosting one of the two frostings.
Note: If you don’t want to use cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice substitute with 1/4 teaspoon cardamom and 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander instead.
Some More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes
- Vegan Pumpkin Donuts
- Vegan Pumpkin Soup
- Mediterranean Pumpkin Pizza
- Jamaican Pumpkin Curry With Butter Beans
- Pumpkin Biscuits
- Jamaican Pumpkin Soup (Puree)
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 185 kcal / 773 kJ
- Fat: 11 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Carbs: 20 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- 7 Cookies
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Vegan Butter, (I used Earth Balance)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cups organic powdered sugar
For The Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking pan with parchment and grease. In a medium bowl, mix almond milk, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- In a large bowl combine brown rice flour, almond meal, coconut palm sugar, flax seeds, tapioca starch, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, and sea salt until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop and drop cookies onto the prepared baking sheet and slightly flatten cookies with your fingers. Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Cool completely and add frosting one of the two frostings.
- Whip cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add maple syrup, vanilla, and almond extract, gradually add sugar and whip until fully incorporated
- Drain cashews, rinse and add to a high-speed blender or food processor. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth and creamy.