FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
To continue my love for pumpkin, I decided to make this pumpkin muffin recipe. After my third attempt, I got the perfect recipe that was a huge hit with my family, the texture and taste were just right. If you haven’t tried any of my pumpkin recipes, you have to try my Pumpkin Soup and my Pumpkin Stuffed Shells.
These Vegan Pumpkin Muffins are the best pumpkin muffins ever, my family couldn’t stop eating them. I used Krusteaz Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour.
How To Make Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
These pumpkin muffins were so easy to make, I basically mix the dry ingredients, all-purpose gluten-free flour, almond flour, sugar, baking powder, spices, salt in one bowl. In another bowl, I mixed the orange juice, coconut oil, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and ground flaxseeds. Then I combine both wet and dry ingredients. Stir in some crystallized ginger, you can also add raisins, cranberries. chocolate/carob chips or walnuts.
Baked in a preheated oven until done. These healthy Vegan Pumpkin Muffins are mind blowing, you won’t even miss the eggs nor milk that are in traditional pumpkin muffins. These actually taste way better. They will definitely be a crowd-pleaser and cleanup is easy. I’m heading out to stock up on more pumpkin puree so I can make more.
Notes: For the spices, I used the traditional cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove which I rarely use. If you want to use a cinnamon substitute, combination of coriander and cardamom is great. Instead of adding ground ginger, I used chopped crystallized ginger which added the bite and flavor. I purchased
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 186 kcal / 777 kJ
- 9 g
- 2 g
- 26 g
- 10 min
- 30 min
- Ready in:
- 40 min
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour, (I used Knudsen's brand)
- 1 1/4 cups organic brown sugar, or coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, *see notes
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons golden flaxseeds ground
Additional Optional Ingredients
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or grease with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Combine, gluten-free flour, almond flour, sugar, baking powder, spices, salt in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl combine, pumpkin puree, orange juice, coconut oil, vanilla, ground flaxseeds.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and mix to combine thoroughly. Stir in crystallized ginger or other optional ingredients.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool for about 5 minutes before removing from muffin pan.