These delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies tastes amazing, the perfect treat made without refined sugar and they are vegan and gluten-free!
I hope your New Year's resolutions are in progress, you might have decided to change your diet to a vegan diet, gluten-free, to cut out refined sugar or simply to eat healthier. You might be wondering where do desserts fit in with your goals, one thing you might be missing is Chocolate Chip Cookies.
To make these cookies, I used carob chips instead of chocolate chips but chocolate chips will work as well. I got my carob chips from Chatfield because they are vegan and gluten-free also used coconut sugar instead of regular sugar because it is less processed and doesn't spike blood sugar as sugar does. To read more about coconut sugar go here.
This was a huge hit in my home and the following day I was asked to make more, I prefer to bake mine for 15 minutes because when I made it the first time my family wanted that crunch. Every oven is different, so watch carefully once it is around 12 minutes, also it all depends on the size of your cookies.
I made about 18 cookies but they were on the big size if you are concerned about calories, make 36 instead.
- 181 kcal / 757 kJ
- 99 g
- 3 g
- 23 g
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds , mixed in 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil , melted
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips , or carob chips
- 15 min
- Ready in:
- 15 min
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Set aside.
- Prepare flax egg by mixing together ground flax seeds with water in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine gluten-free flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt. In a medium bowl, mix coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla and flax egg.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients until fully combined, fold in chocolate/carob chips.
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of dough onto the cookie sheet and press to flatten with a fork. Bake for about 15 minutes or edges are brown . Remove baking sheet from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes to firm up then transfer to a cooling rack to completely cool and firm up more.