FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
Most people are familiar with fortune cookies that they get when they purchasing take-out cookies but these crunchy almond cookies taste far better.
What Is A Chinese Almond Cookie?
Chinese almond cookies are traditionally made to celebrate the New Years. they are shaped like coins, so they are believed to bring fortune. IIt has a delicate crunchy, melt-in-the-mouth texture with a flavorful almond flavor.
Chinese Almond Cookies Ingredients
- Almond Flour
- Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Non-Dairy Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Almond Extract
How To Make Vegan Gluten-Free Chinese Almond Cookies
Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet. I love to line my baking sheet with parchment paper then spray it with cooking spray or you can brush it with oil.
Combine almond flour, gluten-free all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. I used Bob’s, Red Mills almond flour. For the gluten-free flour, I used Krusteaz all-purpose gluten-free flour.
Add vegan butter (Earth Balance Brand) and mix until crumbly using your hand. Stir in maple syrup and almond extract/flavoring and form into a ball.
Take one-inch pieces off the dough ball and form into balls, place them on the prepared baking sheet. Press slightly with hand to form a round disc. Press a blanched almond in the center of each cookie.
IBake for 13-15 minutes or until the cookies are tan.
Remove baking sheet from the oven and place on a cooling rack for 5 minutes to firm up, then transfer cookies onto the rack to cool completely.
These are the best tasting almond cookies and they are so easy to prepare.
How To Blanch Almonds
Bring water to boil in a small pot on medium-high heat. Add raw almonds to the boiling water and allow to cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and discard water, using a colander or strainer rinse almonds under cold running water.
Squeeze almonds to loosen and discard their skin.
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 109 kcal / 456 kJ
- Fat: 5 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Carbs: 13 g
- Preparation: 5 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- Ready in: 20 min
- For: 12 Servings
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, spray with cooking spray or brush with oil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix almond flour, gluten-free flour, baking powder, and salt. Add vegan butter and mix until dough is crumbly
- Add maple syrup and almond extract and form into a ball. It might seem a little sticky but once it rolls into a ball you are fine.
- Take pieces of dough, about an inch wide and roll into a ball. Place each ball onto the prepared baking sheet and press each slightly with the palm of your hands. Press a blanched almond in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until edges turn tan. Remove from the oven, let the baking sheet cool on wire rack for 5 minutes to firm up. Remove cookies from baking sheet onto wire rack and allow to cool completely. Enjoy!