These melt in your mouth vegan thumbprint cookies, taste so amazing! They are fun and easy to prepare. They are vegan, gluten-free, refined-sugar free.
It is so nice and lovely here in Florida, the weather is just right so I decided to whip up a batch of yummy thumbprint cookies.
We are enjoying lots of fresh fruits and veggies, so this week I'm planning to go to two farms. The first one is to pick fresh blueberries and the second is to buy fresh strawberries, peaches, and vegetables. I know Daevyd will enjoy it!
I normally keep a close eye on the Florida Harvest Calendar to see what fruits and vegetables are in season.
How To Make Vegan Thumbprint Cookies
Combine maple syrup and coconut oil (applesauce instead of oil works perfectly) Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
Roll cookie dough into balls and place on a prepared baking sheet. Using your thumb, make an indentation in the center of each cookie.
Add jam making sure not to add to the top or else the jam will melt and run down the sides of the cookies while baking.
For the jam, I like Polaner All Fruit Preserves.
If you are in the mood to make your own jam/preserve try my Strawberry Jam With Chia Seeds, and substitute with your favorite berries.
Note: Substitute oil or non-dairy butter for applesauce.
These Thumbprint Cookies were:
Scrumptious + Bursting with flavor + Pretty Delicious + Perfect
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 1 kcal / 4 kJ
- 5 g
- 2 g
- 1 g
- 10 min
- 43 min
- Ready in:
- 53 min
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl add oat flour, almond flour, tapioca flour, sea salt and mix well.
- In a smaller bowl combine coconut oil and maple syrup. Add wet ingredients to dry until well mixed, make sure they are not too wet or too dry. Add a little water if too dry or a little tapioca if too wet.
- Roll into to balls in the palm of your hand and place them on the cookie sheet.
- Using your thumb or the back of a measuring spoon, place a dent in the middle of cookie for filling with the jam.
- Fill the cookies with 1/2 tsp or more of the berry jam and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.