FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
These rich and spicy molasses cookies with ginger, vanilla, and cinnamon are so indulgent, they are perfect to make along with my Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies, Stamped Almond Cookies, And Thumbprint Cookies.
These molasses cookies are vegan and gluten-free, they are super easy to make and they taste amazing. I used Krusteaz All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour plus Bob's Red Mills Almond Flour for the best texture.
They are perfect for gift giving.
Vegan Molasses Cookies Ingredients
All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour - This recipe is flexible and you can use any all-purpose gluten-free flour on the market. However, my favorite brand to use is Krusteaz All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
Almond Flour - Helps to give a light soft texture to your cookie, the brand I used was, Bob's Red Mills Almond Flour.
Brown Sugar - I used turbinado sugar, demerara sugar is also a great sugar to use. There are several vegan brands on the market like Florida Crystals.
Baking Powder - I used non-aluminum baking powder.
Ground Ginger, Cinnamon, Vanilla - For the best flavor use fresh spices and flavoring or substitute the cinnamon for or 1/4 teaspoon cardamon plus 1/4 teaspoon coriander
Vegan Butter - I used Earth Balance Buttery Spread, the can use other brands like Mikoyo's or chilled coconut oil.
Molasses - found in most health food stores.
How To Make Vegan Molasses Cookies?
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix softened non-dairy butter, molasses, vanilla, and mix with dry ingredients to form a dough
- Cover dough and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator. Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with oil.
- Divide dough into about 12 pieces and roll into balls. Roll balls into sugar and place on a baking sheet.
- Press cookies down lightly and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before transferring to a serving platter or a cooling rack.
More Vegan Cookie Recipes
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Gluten-Free Vegan Persimmon Cookies
- Pumpkin Cookies
- Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
- 148 kcal / 619 kJ
- 8 g
- 1 g
- 17 g
- 20 min
- 12 min
- Ready in:
- 32 min
- 1 cup all purpose gluten-free flour, (I used Krusteaz brand)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, or 1/4 teaspoon cardamon plus 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup non-dairy butter, softened (I used Earth Balance)
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- extra sugar, for rolling
- Combine gluten-free flour, almond flour, brown sugar, baking powder, ground ginger, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl, mix well and set aside.
- In a medium mix the non-dairy butter, molasses, vanilla and add to dry ingredients. Mix to combine. Cover dough and place in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour or until the dough is completely chilled.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with oil.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and divide dough into about 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a round ball then dip in the extra sugar.
- Transfer cookies onto a baking sheet, flatten cookies gently with your fingers. Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before carefully transferring them to cooling rack or serving platter.
The second time I tested the recipe I used all the spices mentioned, cinnamon, coriander, cardamom, and vanilla and it tasted great.