When you are hungry and looking for the perfect comfort dish, my creamy Vegan Macaroni and Cheese is just the answer!
This recipe reminds me of my mom’s macaroni and cheese, that I grew up on.
Cheesy – Combination of nutritional yeast or noni juice and coconut milk give this macaroni cheese a cheesy flavor.
Velvety- Cashews and coconut milk makes it velvety.
Creamy- Cashews and coconut milk shine here.
Buttery- Coconut milk helps to give a buttery flavor.
I love pasta in all shapes and form, here are some awesome pasta recipes for you to also try!
Note: If you decide to bake it, you will need to make some extra sauce or add extra water/broth so it doesn't dry out.
Noni Juice can be used in place of nutritional yeast if is not readily available.
Come and join our informative, supportive, inspiring Facebook group Vegan Recipes With Love to help you stay motivated on your journey. Our members share lots of recipes, health benefits of foods and tips! Bring your friends too!
- 305 kcal / 1275 kJ
- 13 g
- 9 g
- 41 g
- 8-ounce box elbow pasta or your favorite pasta , ( I used gluten-free pasta)
- 1 cup raw cashews , soaked for a couple hours
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk , (full-fat from the can)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper , chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion , chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt , or more to taste
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
- parsley flakes , for garnish
- paprika , for garnish
- 10 min
- 10 min
- Ready in:
- 20 min
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- Drain cashews and discard water. In a high-speed blender process cashews, water, coconut milk, nutritional yeast flakes, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, lemon juice, salt, cayenne until smooth and creamy.
- Pour sauce over pasta and stir to fully coat, add extra salt if needed. Cook on low until thickened.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a greased baking dish and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.