This delicious Creamy Vegan Alfredo With Vegetables is comfort food at its best. Vegan pasta smothered in a creamy homemade vegan alfredo sauce and fresh asparagus, bell peppers, and peas for added nutrition and flavors!
Health Benefits Of Asparagus
- Asparagus is loaded with nutrients, they are a very good source of fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as chromium, a trace mineral that enables insulin to transport glucose from the bloodstream into cells.
- Asparagus contains glutathione, a detoxifying compound that helps break down carcinogens and protect the body from harmful compounds like free radicals.
- It helps to prevent and fight certain types of cancer, such as breast, colon, lung, and bone.
- It contains high levels of the amino acid asparagine, which acts as a natural diuretic, removing excess fluid from the body along with excess salts; especially beneficial for those suffering from hypertension and heart disease.
There are many gluten-free kinds of pasta on the market, I love to use brown rice pasta but you can use whichever you prefer. To read more about the benefits of asparagus, click here.
How To Make Vegan Alfredo Sauce
The best vegan alfredo sauce you can make, it is rich and creamy, loved by young and old. It is very easy to make vegan alfredo sauce.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. For the last 3 minutes add asparagus, bell pepper, and green peas to boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta and rinse with cold water.
- Place cashews that have been soaked, water, onion, garlic, yeast flakes, and salt in a blender.
- Process until smooth, scraping downsides.
- Add the sauce to the cooked pasta and veggies.
- For gluten-free pasta, my go-to is Trader Joes’ Brown Rice Penne – economical and uses whole grain.
Try My Other Amazing Pasta Recipes:
Get discounted copies of my cookbook Here.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes
- 354 kcal / 1480 kJ
- 10 g
- 14 g
- 54 g
- 10 min
- 15 min
- Ready in:
- 25 min
- 16 ozs gluten-free pasta, (Penne or Rigatoni)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch diagonal slices
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions. For the last 3 minutes add asparagus, bell pepper, green peas to boiling water, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain using colander and set aside. Place cashews, water, onion, garlic, yeast flakes, and salt in a blender. Process until smooth, scraping down sides.
- Transfer sauce into a large saucepan, cook stirring constantly on medium heat until thickened. Stir in pasta, vegetables, dried herbs to fully coat with sauce. Delicious served with salad!