FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
So I decided to cook pasta in my Instant Pot, I have been seeing recipes with Instant Pot pasta online so I decided to jump on the bandwagon and make a mac and cheese recipe in my Instant Pot. I was really impressed by the results.
I decided to do a very flavorful dish in case the pasta didn't turn out right at least the dish would be very tasty and dinner would not be ruined. The results were amazing! Like my other one-pot recipes, Vegan Mac And Cheese, Vegan Rasta Pasta, One Pot Taco Spaghetti, Sweet Potato Mac And Cheese. this Chili Mac And Cheese is now my new favorite pasta recipe.
The pasta was not overcooked but was 'Aldente', just right, not to mention the taste, so much flavor was going on, my family devoured it.
How To Make Instant Pot Vegan Chili Mac And Cheese
To make this Vegan Chili Mac And Cheese in a pressure cooker, I basically turn on the Instant Pot and press saute mode. Heat oil and saute my onion, garlic, and bell pepper until soft. At this point, you can add your vegan crumble like Beyond Beef Crumbles. This is optional, your chili mac will taste delicious without it. Stir in your spices and salt.;
Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, kidney beans, pasta, vegetable broth. Switch Instant Pot to the Off button, close the lid and place on sealing. Press the Manual mode and pressure cook for 4 minutes. Quick release by turning the valve to venting, place a damp kitchen towel over the knob. After all the steam has been released and you are able to open the lid. stir in vegan cheese shreds and adjust taste.
Other Delicious Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup
- Instant Pot Vegan Lentil Soup
- Instant Pot Pinto Beans
- Instant Pot Vegan Jackfruit And Potato Curry
- Instant Pot Jamaican Stew Peas
- Instant Pot Mexican Rice
- Instant Pot Jamaican Rice And Peas
- Instant Pot Black Beans
- Instant Pot Black Eyed Peas
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 290 kcal / 1212 kJ
- 10 g
- 9 g
- 40 g
- 10 min
- 21 min
- Ready in:
- 31 min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan crumbles, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, or 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-15 ounce can kidney beans
- 1-8 ounce dry elbow macaroni
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese
- Set Instant Pot to 'Saute' setting. Heat oil and add onions, cook until soft. Stir in garlic and bell pepper and cook until fragrant. Add vegan crumbles and stir until brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add cumin, chili, paprika, smoked paprika, oregano and salt, stir until fragrant. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, kidney beans, elbow pasta, and vegetable broth.
- Select off settings, cover Instant pot, turn the valve to the sealing position then select Manual Settings and adjust pressure to high for 4 minutes.
- When finished cooking, quick release pressure according to manufacturers directions. I usually carefully place a damp kitchen cloth over the valve.
- After pressure is released, remove lid and stir in vegan shredded cheese and serve.