There is nothing like a warm bowl of Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup Recipe for a cold winter's day with carrots, celery, potatoes, and a smoky Southern Flavor.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
I never dreamt it would be so cold in Florida this time of the year, and all I can think of making is soups with my Instant Pot. If you haven't tried my Instant Pot Lentil Soup and my Instant Pot Rice and Peas, these recipes are a must-try, I have been getting great feedback on them.
If you don't have an Instant Pot, I have you covered check out my stovetop Split Pea Soup.
Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup Recipe
The beauty of these Instant Pot Soups is that you don't have to use oil in the recipe.
Just add all the ingredients and let the pot do its work and you don't have to be checking the pot to see if all is well.
So for someone is wants to lose weight for the New Year then this soup is perfect,
It is high in fiber and hearty, you will feel very satisfied after you are finished.
It gets thick after it cools so you may need to add extra vegetable broth when reheating it and you can also freeze extra for later.
This Split Pea soup is 1 weight watcher's point.
For a smoky flavor, use smoked paprika, liquid smoke or 1 sliced gluten-free vegan Tofu Pups
How To Make Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup Recipe?
- Add all the ingredients in the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and set the pressure release valve to Sealing.
- Select the Pressure Cook or Manual setting and set the cooking time for 15 minutes at high pressure.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 20 minutes.
- Move the Pressure Release to 'Venting' to release any remaining steam. Open the pot and stir and serve!
Other Delicious Vegan Soups To Try
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 231 kcal / 966 kJ
- 2 g
- 17 g
- 37 g
- 15 min
- 15 min
- Ready in:
- 30 min
- 2 cups dried split peas, sorted and rinsed
- 6 cups vegetable broth, or 6 cups water plus 2 vegetable bouillon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 Tofu pups hot dog, cut into coins (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Add all the ingredients in the Instant Pot. Cover Instant Pot and set the pressure release valve to Sealing. Select the Pressure Cook or Manual setting and set the cooking time for 15 minutes at high pressure.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 20 minutes. Move the Pressure Release to 'Venting' to release any remaining steam. Open the pot and stir and serve!