CFOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
Make a large pot of pinto beans in the Instant Pot, you basically put all the ingredients in the Instant Pot and walk away. It is perfect for those busy days, serve it with Skillet Cornbread, Turmeric Coconut Rice or Jollof Rice, it is flavorful, economical and easy to prepare.
Pinto beans are so underrated but they are high in protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Check out the many health benefits here.
Do You Soak Pinto Beans For The Instant Pot?
No, you don't have to soak your pinto beans before pressure cooking it. The beans will take about 50 minutes to cook. If you want to soak them to reduce the phytic acid, then you can, cook the soaked beans for 20 minutes.
How To Make Instant Pot Pinto Beans
To make Instant Pot Pinto Beans, I used a one-pound bag of pinto beans, I first sort and washed the pinto beans to get rid of all the ugly broken pieces of beans, dirt, debris.
In this case, I prefer to use dried pinto beans because they are so cheap, literally less than 2 dollars for a bag of beans that can feed 10 people, that's a win-win situation.
- Set Instant Pot on saute mode, heat oil and add onion, garlic, bell pepper, thyme, cook until onion is soft.
- Add paprika, Italian seasoning, vegetable bouillon, pinto beans, liquid smoke, cayenne pepper, water.
- Turn the Instant Put off, put the lid on Instant Pot, set the vent to sealing, cook on manual high pressure for 50 minutes.
Cooked pinto beans are better served the next day, you can also portion the cooked pinto beans into freezer containers and freeze for later.
Note: Substitute the water with vegetable broth omit the vegetable bouillon and add salt to taste.
How To Serve Instant Pot Pinto Beans?
- Serve your pinto beans with a slice of Vegan Gluten-Free Cornbread.
- How about serving it in a bowl with Brown Jasmine Rice and Guacamole.
- It's also delicious served in Vegan Nachos.
How To Store Leftover Instant Pot Pinto Beans?
store your leftover pinto beans in a container with a tight-fitting lid for about 3 days.
You can also freeze your cooked pinto beans in portion size freezer bags or containers for about 3 months.
Try My Other Amazing Instant Pot Recipes:
Please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 190 kcal / 794 kJ
- 3 g
- 12 g
- 30 g
- 10 min
- 1 h 10 min
- Ready in:
- 1 h 20 min
- one pound dried pinto beans, sorted and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 vegetable bouillon
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke, (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Turn Instant Pot on saute mode, heat oil and add onion, garlic, bell pepper, thyme cook until onion is soft.
- Add pinto beans, Italian seasoning, paprika, cayenne pepper, vegetable bouillon, water, liquid smoke, and press off button. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn the knob to sealing.
- Cook beans on manual high pressure for 50 minutes. Allow to natural release for about 20 minutes, add salt to taste and serve.