I decided to make this yummy Pinto Bean dip since today we celebrated Cinco De Mayo, and it is quick and easy to prepare if you are using canned pinto beans. However, you can sort and soak dried pinto beans in cold water overnight, then drain and boil in water for about 45 minutes to 1 hour until tender the following day.
Vegan Pinto Bean dip is packed with protein and fiber and it is a favorite dip for parties, Other Cinco De Mayo dishes you might want to try are Black Bean Burritos, Vegan Quesadillas, and Mexican Quinoa Casserole.
How To Make Pinto Bean Dip
To make this easy Pinto Bean Dip, I put all the ingredients in a food processor and whip it up. So easy yet so delicious! You can make your pinto beans the day before and refrigerate or make a big batch and freeze in portions sizes.
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 258 kcal / 1078 kJ
- Fat: 4 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Carbs: 41 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Ready in: 10 min
- 6 servings
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans, or 2 cans
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup non-dairy cheese shreds, extra for garnishing
- Diced red bell pepper, for garnish
- cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Place all the above ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer into a bowl and garnish with vegan cheese shreds, bell pepper, and cilantro!
- Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables.