Mexican Quinoa Casserole is one of the best ways to prepare quinoa and serve it someone who has never eaten it before. Quinoa casserole is so delicious I had to restrain myself.
I had some quinoa in my pantry but found some at a buyers club yesterday for a reasonable price and I was in the mood for preparing another grain other than rice. The joy of this recipe is quinoa cooks fast and is ready in 15 minutes.
Health Benefits Of Quinoa
You may be asking, what is quinoa? Quinoa is a crop that is grown for its edible seeds, it is pronounced Keen-wah, it is a seed that is prepared as a grain, it can easily be substituted for rice in your recipes. It is gluten-free, it’s a complete protein, but it’s high in fiber, low on the glycemic index, high in magnesium, and full of antioxidants, basically its good for you.
How To Make Quinoa Casserole
To make quinoa casserole, cook quinoa and set aside.
Cook onion, garlic, bell pepper, corn, black beans, season with cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir in cilantro, quinoa, vegan cheese and spoon into a casserole dish.
Bake in a preheated oven. Such a mouthwatering dish. It is perfect to serve for brunch, dinner and bring to a potluck.
Here are 25 Amazing Quinoa Recipes.
Other Flavorful Quinoa Recipes To Try
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 275 kcal / 1150 kJ
- Fat: 7 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Carbs: 44 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- Ready in: 25 min
- 6 Servings
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans, or 1-14 ounce can drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese, (optional)
- avocado, chopped (optional)
- green onions, chopped (optional)
- tomato, chopped (optional)
- Bring water and quinoa in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Preheat oven 350°F.
- In a large saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook stirring until onion is soft about 4 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, corn, black beans and stir. Add cumin, cayenne pepper, sea salt, and stir. Stir in cooked quinoa, chopped cilantro, and cheese. Remove from heat and spoon into a casserole dish, top with vegan cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with avocado, tomatoes, green onions and cilantro and serve with a lovely salad or guacamole.