FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
What Is Quinoa Salad With Artichokes Made Of?
- Quinoa – I used white quinoa, you can also use red or white or a combination of all 3. Quinoa is sold in the health food store or online on Amazon.
- Artichoke Hearts – you can use artichoke hearts in a jar that is in the water. If you can only find the marinated artichokes then make sure to reduce the amount of salt in the dressing.
- Tomato – multicolored cherry or grape tomatoes are great in this salad but chopped tomatoes are equally fine.
- Red Onion – taste great but you can always substitute with Vidalia onion.
- Cilantro/Parsley – I prefer cilantro but I know a lot of my audience loathe it and actually prefer parsley.
- Olive Oil – you can make it oil-free and leave the oil out.
- Lime/Lemon Juice – gives a fresh taste to your salad.
- Cumin – another must flavor.
- Salt – I use Himalayan pink salt but any natural salt is great.
How To Make Quinoa Salad With Artichokes
On those days when I don’t feel like making elaborate meals, my go-to dishes are one bowl salads. Today was just one of those days, to prepare this artichoke quinoa salad, which is full of flavors in every bite.
Add some chopped tomatoes, onion, artichoke hearts, garlic, parsley, or cilantro with olive oil and lemon. If you have an avocado that’s ripe, add some too to this easy quinoa salad recipe.
If you have never tried quinoa before, this would be a great salad to prepare. Quinoa is actually a seed that is high in protein. Quinoa is usually prepared like you would with other grains.
It is vegan and gluten-free so it is a great alternative for those who are on a gluten-free lifestyle. It’s best to rinse quinoa before cooking to remove its natural coating of saponin which can make it taste soapy or bitter.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Other Ingredients Can I Add To My Salad?
- Vegan Feta Cheese
- Roasted Red Peppers
How Long Does Quinoa Salad With Artichokes Keep?
Store your leftover quinoa salad in a container with a tight-fitting lid in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. For longer storage, put in a freezer-safe container for about 3 months.
What Do You Eat With Quinoa Salad?
Can I Eat Quinoa Salad Cold?
Yes, you can eat your salad cold or hot.
For more delicious Quinoa Recipes check out my:
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends to Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 234 kcal / 978 kJ
- Fat: 9 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Carbs: 31 g
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- Ready in: 35 min
- For: 4 people
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts,, chopped
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or parsley
- Place quinoa in a fine meshed strainer and rinse under running water. Add quinoa and water in medium pot on medium high heat and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer, cover pot and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare vegetables and dressing. Remove quinoa from heat and fluff with a fork, transfer to a large serving bowl. Add prepared vegetables.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk olive oil, lime or lemon juice, garlic, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in a small bowl and mix well. Drizzle dressing over quinoa salad and toss with a fork to combine.
- Delicious served at room temperature or chilled in refrigerator.
You can add extra ingredients such as avocado, baked tofu, cucumber, shredded carrots. Whatever your favorite veggies are and you will end up with a great salad.