Serve this crowd-pleasing fresh, vibrant and healthy Southwestern Tofu Salad for your next special occasion, for lunch or a quick and healthy weeknight dinner. Deliciously seasoned tofu served with black beans, tomatoes, sweet corn, avocado, bell pepper, on a bed of lettuce lots and drizzled with a lime dressing for a healthy gluten-free, vegan treat!
Here in Florida, we are enjoying lovely weather, yesterday it was in the 80's and today we are in the upper 70's. Perfect time to make this delicious Southwestern Tofu Salad.
I must say it was quite a filling yet leaves you feeling refreshed and energized. the lime dressing was bursting with flavors and it really took this salad to the next level.
This salad is so easy to make, it is perfect for those busy weeknights when you have had a long and hard day at work and you are really not in the mood to make a 3-course meal. This dish will literally not only save you time, it will also be a family favorite.
To prepare this delicious salad, you basically season the tofu, sauteed them until brown in a skillet. Make the dressing, prepare the beans and vegetables and put them all together and drizzle with dressing and serve. Such an explosion of flavors in every bite.
This salad is very adaptable, you can substitute the tofu for my Cauliflower Nuggets, and you can substitute the vegetables for your personal favorite and how about substituting the lime dressing for my Creamy Chipotle Ranch Dressing.
I am so excited to start a new facebook group, sharing lots of delicious vegan recipes, health tips etc. from our members, please join us at Vegan Recipes With Love! If you tried this recipe, please comment below and let us know how you like it. Also, please follow us on Instagram!
- 390 kcal / 1630 kJ
- 19 g
- 19 g
- 43 g
For The Tofu
- 14-16 ounces block extra firm tofu , drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos , or Tamari/coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
For The Salad
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce , chopped
- 14 ounce can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado , chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes , cut in halves
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper , chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion , chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves , chopped
For The Dressing
- 10 min
- 10 min
- Ready in:
- 20 min
- Place tofu cubes in a large bowl, toss with Bragg's liquid aminos, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano and cayenne pepper. Allow the tofu to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add tofu cubes and cook until brown and crispy on all sides. Turn off heat.
- To make the dressing, mix lime juice, olive oil, maple syrup, cumin, green onions, garlic and salt in a bowl or jar.
- To assemble, place chopped lettuce on the base of the serving platter, top with black beans, avocado, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, and cilantro. Drizzle with lime dressing right before serving. Enjoy.