A scrumptious and easy to prepare Spinach Tofu Salad that is mindblowing, hearty that is full of nutrients and bursting with flavors of marinated tofu, creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes and crunchy vegan coconut bacon tossed with a delicious lemon dressing!
This is a hearty Spinach Tofu Salad that has lots of fresh flavors and textures, its one of those crowd-pleasing salad that is very filling and satisfying that it can easily be served as a side or for lunch. It is a step up from my Avocado Tofu Salad, It is also great for weight loss. The tofu is cubed and marinated then baked, it can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator or you can replace it with your favorite protein.
Coconut Bacon is added for flavor and crunch. Romaine lettuce or kale can be substituted for spinach. Parsley can be substituted for cilantro. This salad is very versatile that you can easily make substitutions with your favorite vegetables.
I'm endeavoring to add more green leafy vegetables to my diet this year. Green leafy vegetables are a great source of protein, calcium, iron, magnesium, folate. Read more about the Amazing Benefits of Green Leafy Vegetables.
- 1/2 block tofu , drained, pressed and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon Bragg's liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 avocado , peeled, seed removed and chopped
- 1 cucumber , peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut , bacon (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped , cilantro
- 2 green onions , chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 20 min
- 30 min
- Ready in:
- 50 min
- Mix liquid aminos, sesame oil, onion powder, garlic powder and cumin in a small bowl. Add tofu cubes and tossed to coat. Allow tofu to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray. Add tofu cubes in a single layer. Bake for 30 minutes turning halfway.et
- Line spinach at the base of 2 large bowls, top with tofu, tomato, coconut bacon, cucumber, avocado, green onions, and cilantro. Mix dressing in a small bowl and drizzle over salad and lightly toss to combine.