FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
This is a hearty Spinach Tofu Salad Recipe that has lots of fresh flavors and textures, its one of those crowd-pleasing salad that is very filling and satisfying that it can easily be served as a side or for lunch. It is a step up from my Avocado Tofu Salad and my Southwestern Tofu Salad.
It is also great for weight loss. The tofu is cubed and marinated then baked, it can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator or you can replace it with your favorite protein.
Coconut Bacon is added for flavor and crunch. Romaine lettuce or kale can be substituted for spinach. Parsley can be substituted for cilantro. This salad is very versatile that you can easily make substitutions with your favorite vegetables.
How To Make Spinach Tofu Salad Recipe
To Make Spinach Tofu Salad Recipe, prepare the marinade, toss with tofu cubes. Allow tofu to marinate for 20 minutes. Bake tofu cubes. Place spinach in a bowl, top with marinated tofu, tomato, coconut bacon, cucumber, avocado, green onions, and cilantro. Mix dressing in a small bowl and drizzle over salad and lightly toss to combine.
I'm endeavoring to add more green leafy vegetables to my diet this year. Green leafy vegetables are a great source of protein, calcium, iron, magnesium, folate. Read more about the Amazing Benefits of Green Leafy Vegetables.
- 213 kcal / 890 kJ
- 18 g
- 4 g
- 11 g
- 20 min
- 30 min
- Ready in:
- 50 min
- 1/2 block tofu, drained, pressed and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon Bragg's liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, peeled, seed removed and chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut, bacon (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped, cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Mix liquid aminos, sesame oil, onion powder, garlic powder and cumin in a small bowl. Add tofu cubes and tossed to coat. Allow tofu to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray. Add tofu cubes in a single layer. Bake for 30 minutes turning halfway.et
- Line spinach at the base of 2 large bowls, top with tofu, tomato, coconut bacon, cucumber, avocado, green onions, and cilantro. Mix dressing in a small bowl and drizzle over salad and lightly toss to combine.