An amazing recipe for Zucchini Bell Pepper Tofu Quiche, that will be perfect for your next dinner or brunch. It is so flavorful with zucchini, bell peppers, onion, and garlic, it will surely be a big hit.
I have been wanting to share my recipe for a long time, my love for quiche goes way back to my college days in England. I would have a slice of tomato and cheese quiche for breakfast which I loved. After becoming vegan, a friend of mine made the most delicious quiche ever, I asked her on many occasions but she was always too busy, and sadly, she died in a terrible car accident before I got it.
I have been tweaking this recipe for a while now and I believe this is so far my best version, feel free to substitute your favorite pie crust recipe but this one is awesome, it is a slight variation of my Sweet Potato Pie Crust. This Gluten-Free Vegan Pie Crust is also great. For the dried herbs, you could substitute about 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
For the fluted crust look, you can use one of these Quiche Baking Dishes.
- 247 kcal / 1032 kJ
- 17 g
- 8 g
- 17 g
- 1 cup gluten-free , flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup non-dairy butter
- 1/4 cup ice cold water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 green onions , chopped
- 1 small zucchini , grated
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper , cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 15 min
- 45 min
- Ready in:
- 1 h
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in non-dairy butter until mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Add water and mix until the dough comes together into a ball. You might need more or less water so add 1 tablespoon at a time!
- Roll out dough in between two parchment paper. Remove the top layer of parchment paper. Invert your quiche pan or pie dish, over the exposed dough.Carefully flip the quiche pan with the dough on top. Remove excess dough and place crust into the refrigerator.
- To prepare veggies, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add onion, garlic, green onions and saute until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini, bell pepper, parsley, basil, and oregano and cook until vegetables are slightly tender about 5 minutes. You may need to add about 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth. Set aside in a large bowl to cool slightly.
- In a blender or food processor, add cashews, water, tahini paste, nutritional yeast flakes, tapioca starch, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy. Break tofu into pieces and add, blend or pulse until smooth.
- Pour filling into the bowl of veggies and mix well. Remove quiche crust from refrigerator and add filling. Smooth top and bake uncovered in oven for 40 minutes or until firm to touch. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!