Vegan Southwestern Salad with Avocado Dressing is one of the most delicious and nutritious salad that can be prepared.
So easy to prepare in minutes, Romaine lettuce, black beans, sweet corn, tomatoes, bell peppers, red onion, avocado, and cilantro tossed in a creamy avocado dressing.
Growing up kidney beans were my favorite beans but now I prefer chickpeas and black beans. I find them to be more versatile to use in creating new recipes, like my General Tso’s chickpeas and my vegan black bean burritos
Another thing that I love to do is, to include lots of different vegetables in different colors in my salads. We eat with our eyes, so I do my best to make dishes that are very pleasing to the eyes and also very flavorful.
This black bean salad is no exception, I include a base of chopped Romaine lettuce (my favorite), chopped red and yellow bell peppers, black bean, organic corn, avocado, spring onions, and cilantro.
Tips For Making Vegan Southwestern Salad with Avocado Dressing
This salad is hearty and it really doesn’t require lots of prep time except for cooking the black beans or you can just use canned beans instead.
You can also use canned, fresh or frozen corn (I like to cook my frozen corn for about one minute in boiling water).
The dressing is creamy and delicious with a blend of almond milk, avocado, cilantro, cumin, maple syrup, and garlic. This salad is delicious on its own for a light meal, served as a side or like how I had it as the filling for a veggie wrap using a brown rice tortilla.
I am so excited to start a new facebook group, sharing lots of delicious vegan recipes, health tips etc. from our members, please join us at Vegan Recipes With Love! If you tried this recipe, please comment below and let us know how you like it. Also, please follow us on Instagram!
- 335 kcal / 1400 kJ
- 16 g
- 11 g
- 43 g
- 15 min
- Ready in:
- 15 min
For The Salad
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, or 1 cup cooked and drained
- 1 cup organic corn kernels
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red and yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 spring onion, chopped for garnish
For The Avocado Dressing
For The Dressing
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth, scraping down the sides. Keep leftovers refrigerated for about 3 days.
For The Salad
- Toss lettuce, black bean, corn, tomatoes, bell peppers, avocado, red onion and cilantro in a large bowl. Garnish with spring onions and serve with avocado dressing.