FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
My Jerk Cauliflower is one of the most popular recipes on here. My Jerk Tofu recipe is just as amazing and it gives a flavor punch, it is a great dish to serve it with my Jamaican Rice And Peas and Baked Plantains.
I have had so many friends and family visit my family and me lately. I have recently had a friend who I haven’t seen since high school, my cousin who I saw over 15 years ago, a brother and wife in over 8 years. 2018 so far has definitely been the year of reunion for me and it has been so wonderful. Tomorrow, I’m expecting a friend who I haven’t seen in 7 years and the last time I saw her I made her and her twin sister my the Jerk Tofu recipe.
I grew up on Jerk chicken so making a Jamaican Jerk Tofu is a no-brainer. I love tofu because it absorbs the flavor of the jerk sauce.
How To Make Jerk Tofu
If using extra-firm tofu, wrap tofu block with paper towels and place on a cutting board, place a heavy object on the top of the tofu, like a book or a pot and allow excess liquid to drain.
I used super-firm tofu to make my Jamaican jerk tofu, it didn’t need to be pressed to remove excess water. I highly recommend this type of tofu. I cut the tofu in cubes, marinated them with olive oil, Bragg’s liquid aminos, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. I wanted the maximum amount of flavor.
I baked the marinated cubes until they were crisp, then I smothered them with my amazing Jerk Sauce then I put it back in the oven for a final bake.
Note: Jerk Sauce can be prepared ahead and kept in the refrigerator.
Here Are More Delicious Tofu Recipes To Try
- Baked Tofu Nuggets
- Vegan Fish And Chips
- Smothered Tofu Nuggets
- Easy Scrambled Tofu Recipe
- Tofu Steaks With Avocado Chimichurri
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 220 kcal / 920 kJ
- 3 g
- 2 g
- 48 g
- 10 min
- 45 min
- Ready in:
- 55 min
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheet with oil.
- Add tofu cubes to a large bowl and gently coat with oil, Bragg's liquid aminos, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and nutritional yeast flakes. Allow cubes to marinate for 10 minutes in the refrigerator while you prepare the jerk sauce.
- Arrange tofu cubes in a single layer on a prepared baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Toss baked tofu with jerk sauce and return to the oven to bake until sauce is cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.