This Quinoa Salad with Oil-Free Chipotle Ranch Dressing is my new favorite salad. Quick and easy to prepare, bursting with flavors, nutritious and hearty!
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
After all the holiday rich dishes, it is time for more nutritious meals. I have been drinking my Detox Tea daily with great results and also making lots of soups like my Broccoli Cheese Soup and Instant Pot Lentil Soup. Simple dishes with lots of nutrients and fiber to help nourish my body.
If you haven't tried quinoa it is a must try, it is high in protein and fiber and it cooks in only 15 minutes, so that's a win-win. I decided to add black beans, tomatoes, corn, avocado and green onion to the quinoa and top it with a creamy vegan chipotle ranch dressing. This dressing tastes amazing, I couldn't stop tasting it, it is my new favorite salad dressing. See How To Cook Quinoa.
I used powdered Chipotle pepper in the salad dressing but you can leave it out or substitute with smoked paprika. This Quinoa Salad recipe is perfect served as is or you can extra protein by adding baked marinated tofu. You can substitute the cashew with soaked almonds or sunflower seeds for those with nut allergies.
More Delicious Quinoa Recipes To Try:
- 309 kcal / 1292 kJ
- 16 g
- 9 g
- 33 g
- 15 min
- 15 min
- Ready in:
- 30 min
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked, rinsed using fine mesh strainer and drain
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and chopped
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 cup organic sweet corn kernels
- 2 green onions, chopped
Chipotle Ranch Dressing
To Prepare The Salad
- Add vegetable broth in a medium pot on medium high. Add quinoa and bring to boil, cover and reduced to simmer for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare vegetables and salad dressing.
To Prepare The Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- To prepare salad dressing, place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and process until creamy. Keep in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To serve, place quinoa in the base of a bowl, arrange black beans, corn, tomato, avocado, cilantro and green onions and top with the salad dressing and serve immediately.