FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
This is absolutely best tasting vegan gravy ever! It is very easy to make and your family and friends will be amazed by how delicious it tastes when you serve it.
I recently made this vegan gravy recipe for my cooking class and the class members were going crazy over my recipe. It is so easy to prepare, it is similar to the recipe in my Lentil Meatballs and my Smothered Tofu Chicken recipes.
How To Make Vegan Gravy Recipe
All you do is blend all the ingredients except the dried herbs and thicken on the stove, so easy but yet so yummy! This gravy is perfect to serve with you vegan loaf, mashed potatoes, and biscuit and gravy. Check out my favorite HOLIDAY RECIPES HERE!
I used cashews for a creamy flavor, nutritional yeast flakes give a lovely flavor also and the Bragg’s liquid aminos adds great flavor to the vegan gravy recipe.
I have been making this gravy for many years and it has never failed me, it is always popular even among meat-eaters.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
- 2 cups vegetable broth, or water
- 2-3 tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos, depending on whether you use water or veggie broth
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for an hour
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion powder
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- pinch of Cayenne pepper
- Combine cashews, water/vegetable broth, Bragg's liquid aminos, yeast flakes, onion powder, garlic, cornstarch in a high-speed blender and process until smooth.
- Pour sauce into a saucepan and add thyme, Italian seasonings, paprika, cayenne pepper. Heat on medium-high, stirring constantly with a wire whisk until gravy thickens and is bubbly.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for 3 days