FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
I can’t exaggerate enough how easy it is to make mashed potatoes in Instant Pott. My Vegan Mashed Potatoes (Instant Pot) version, turned out to be so moist and fluffy that I will be making them like this from now on. No need to boil a large pot of water. All it takes is 1 cup of vegetable broth to cook 2 pounds of potatoes in 4 minutes. You can use this method to prepare mashed potatoes for Lentil Shepherd’s Pie.
Only 5 Ingredients For Vegan Mashed Potatoes (Instant Pot)
- Vegetable Broth
- Non-Dairy Butter
- Unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk
How To Make Vegan Mashed Potatoes Instant Pot
I wanted that traditional buttery taste so I added Earth Balance Buttery Spread and a little-unsweetened soymilk and salt to taste for the yummiest mashed potatoes that taste just like traditional mashed potatoes.
To make Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes, peel potatoes and cut into quarters. Place potato chunks in Instant Pot and add vegetable broth. Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes, quick release carefully. Add non-dairy butter, non-dairy milk, and salt and mash potato with a potato masher. Delicious served with Vegan Gravy or Smothered Tofu Chicken and Collard Greens.
Mashed Potato Tips
- Don’t use a blender, immersion blender or food processor or your mashed potatoes will end up like paste.
- Make your mashed potatoes an hour or two before your company arrives and set on warm settings.
- Store leftover mashed potatoes in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Serve Your Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes With These Delicious Recipes
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 283 kcal / 1183 kJ
- Fat: 11 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Carbs: 37 g
- 6 Servings
- Place potato chunks into Instant Pot with vegetable broth. Close pressure cooker lid and turn valve to sealing. Press manual and bring timing to 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, move the valve to vent. Allow for quick release of pressure. Carefully open the lid and add non-dairy butter, non-dairy milk and mash potatoes with a potato masher. Add salt to taste and serve immediately.