FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
My hubby and I love green bean casserole topped with French fried onions and for years I haven't made any for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners because most of the store-bought like French's French Fried onions contain gluten.
Instead, I would make Green Beans And Potatoes, Easy Green Beans or my Roasted Green Beans recipe. This year, I decided that I will make my own French fried onions from scratch and to my surprise, it turned out easier than I thought.
I decided to adapt my Baked Onion Rings recipe and it was a huge success, crispy onions with a savory gluten-free vegan breading. Perfect topping for my green bean casserole.
How To Make Gluten-Free French Fried Onions
- Preheat oven 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, lightly oil and set aside.
- Peel and slice onions into 1/4 inch strips.
- Soak onions in milk for about 5 minutes then coat with breading
- Place onions in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes turning halfway.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, store in an airtight container.
Other Delicious Holiday Recipes To Try
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 199 kcal / 832 kJ
- 9 g
- 2 g
- 39 g
- Preheat oven 425 degrees F. Lind a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly oil. Soak onions in milk for 5 minutes in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix rice flour, cornmeal, nutritional yeast flakes, tapioca starch, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Dip soaked onion strips into breading until well coated. Transfer to prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Repeat until all are breaded. Spray liberally with cooking oil spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes turning halfway or until golden brown and crispy. Remove from oven and cool completely. To store place french fried onions in a sealed container.