These Cranberry Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies are insanely indulgent! They are crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside, with a fluffy 'cranberry buttercream' filling perfect for your holiday table!
I'm super excited to be teaming up with Immaculate Baking Company to create these awesome cookies using their Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Mix. I'm blown away by the versatility of their products and the results are mind blowing!
These Cranberry Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies are easy to whip up and you don't need to chill or roll out the dough. Talk about convenience, what more can you ask for! These are definitely one of the best cookies I have made so far!
I'm also elated that they are gluten-free and I also get to make them vegan with a little tweaking!
You won't want to guess how many I ate, so happy that the New Year comes with resolutions! For now I'll just focus on the holidays and all the goodies I get to prepare.
I love how Immaculate Baking company's Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Mix is so versatile and easy to work with, I'm so convinced that the mix can never be messed up and that even a complete novice in baking will get it right the first time.
This resilient Gluten-Free sugar cookie mix, reminds me of the Immaculate Baking Company owner Scott, who started the company in his garage and now has become a huge company with his products nationwide.
I was able to convert the Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Mix to these Cranberry Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies on my first try and the results were remarkable. I pulsed oatmeal in a blend just enough to break up the flakes. I added ground flax seeds and apple sauce as binders. Coconut oil was also added for extra moisture and a crisp texture.
I'd like to offer a few tips when making these Cranberry Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies:
. Allow the cookie to completely cool before filling with cranberry buttercream.
. To make your own powdered sugar, blend organic pure cane sugar in a high speed blender until powdery, scraping down sides of blender intermittently.
- 1 bag Immaculate Baking Co. , Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 cup certified gluten-free rolled oats , pulsed in a blender
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar , ( I made my own using pure organic cane sugar)
- 1/2 cup Vegan Butter , (I used Earth Balance)
- 2 teaspoon cranberry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 10 min
- 20 min
- Ready in:
- 30 min
- Preheat oven 350 F. Prepare a baking sheet with greased parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine Immaculate Baking Co. Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Mix, oats, and flax seed.
- In another bowl, combine, apple sauce, almond milk, coconut oil, almond extract and orange zest.
- Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in cranberries.
- Scoop dough onto parchment paper with a tablespoon about 2 inches apart, slight flatten tops.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to remain in baking sheet for about 1 minute then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely before filling with buttercream.
- Place sugar, vegan butter, cranberry juice, vanilla, almond extract in a food processor and process until fluffy and creamy!
- To fill the cookies, add about a tablespoon of cranberry buttercream on the base of half of a cookie then top with another cookie. Repeat until all are done.