This flavorful Eggplant And Lima Bean Stew recipe, one of the easiest eggplant recipes ever and it can be served with rice or quinoa.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
Of lately the weather is very temperamental, one day it is very cold with threats of freezing temperatures and the next we are in the 80's. Today while we are enjoying relatively warm and sunny weather here in Florida, in the Northeast USA they are under a heavy snowstorm. This Eggplant Stew recipe is dedicated to all my readers experiencing the cold weather. It is hearty comforting, warming and a flavor bomb!
This Eggplant Lima Bean Stew recipe is extremely cheap to prepare and so delicious. I made a large pot of stew and had leftovers after serving it for dinner. This summer if you are planning to plant a vegetable garden, please include eggplants so you can make some of my delicious eggplant recipes:
What do I need to make this Eggplant And Lima Bean Stew?
I also used canned lima beans, to prepare this recipe, I saute onions, garlic, and seasonings. Then I added tomatoes, veggies and lima beans and allow to cook until thickened.
What should I serve my Eggplant and Lima Bean Stew with?
Serve it with this delicious Turmeric Coconut Rice recipe.
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our new facebook group, sharing lots of delicious vegan recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends at Vegan Recipes With Love!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion , finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 green onions , chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice , (optional)
- 1 (28 oz can) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos or Tamari sauce
- 1 large eggplant , chopped
- 1 can butter beans , drained
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Salt to taste , (optional)
- 10 min
- 20 min
- Ready in:
- 30 min
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onions and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and green onions, cumin, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, turmeric, thyme, allspice and cook until fragrant.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, Bragg's liquid aminos, eggplant, butter beans and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, cover saucepan and reduce to simmer for 20 minutes or until thickened. Serve on a bed of rice or quinoa.