Air fryer frozen vegetables are a delicious way to enjoy frozen vegetables. The air-fried veggies are delicious, crispy, and crunchy. Furthermore, these are a perfect snack or a side dish. Season these with your favorite seasonings like Italian seasonings, jerk seasoning, or salt, and enjoy! The process takes only 20 minutes, and the result is tasteful and healthy vegetables. Also, try Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli, and Air Fryer Eggplant.
Which Vegetables Are Perfect For Freezing?
When it comes to freezing vegetables, there are so many choices. But before we talk about the best vegetables that you can freeze, let’s consider the importance of freezing vegetables. Since ancient times, people have been preserving vegetables using different methods. The main reason behind this preservation is to use these vegetables even after they are out of season. Furthermore, it is comforting and convenient to have vegetables in your freezer whenever you want.
There are so many beautiful and tasteful vegetables in the world that are full of health benefits. Among the many wonderful vegetables, here are a few that you can freeze for quite some time:
- Broccoli florets
- Brussels sprouts
- Carrot slices
- Cauliflower florets
- Whole green beans
Store-Bought Vs. Home Frozen Vegetables
Thanks to modern technology, you don’t have to indulge in the labor of buying the vegetables, cutting them, preparing them, and freezing them. You can easily buy frozen vegetables from any grocery store. These store-bought vegetables are super convenient to make. All you have to do is simply open the pack and cook as you want.
Although you can easily find frozen vegetables from any grocery store and are prepared and packed according to the safety standards set by the food authorities, there is still always a doubt regarding their quality and the use of preservatives in them.
Therefore, I always recommend you freeze vegetables at your home. Although the process of freezing vegetables at home seems like a laborsome process, and it takes up some time, there are many benefits that make the time and effort totally worth it. Here is why you should freeze your vegetables:
- Quality: because you buy the fresh vegetables from either a grocery store or a farmers market, you tend to pick the vegetable that is the fresh and highest quality from the lot. You can take a close look at the color, freshness, quality, and flavor. As a result, the frozen vegetables are of the highest quality.
- Inexpensive: Believe it or not, freezing fresh vegetables at home is less expensive than buying frozen ones from the store. That’s because the freezing and preserving cost is eliminated and is replaced by your time.
- Flavor: You might not believe it, but when you freeze your vegetables, the flavors are natural and way better than the store-bought ones. That’s because the process is natural and free from preservatives and chemicals. Thus, the natural taste is retained.
- Process: the process of freezing is a step-by-step procedure; it requires preparing the vegetable, blanching it, and then freezing it. The process ensures the natural flavor and color are retained along with the many nutrients. Because you do everything with your hands and in front of your eyes, the quality of the process is unmatched.
Can You Cook Frozen Veggies In An Air Fryer?
Yes! You can definitely cook frozen vegetables in an air fryer. The beauty of an air fryer is that it uses very hot air to cook the vegetables. As the hot air circulates and cooks the food from every direction, the dish is cooked to perfection, and it is done without the need for a lot of oil. As a result, air frying is among the healthiest and the most convenient option to cook the frozen vegetables. Although you can bake these as well, air frying is easy, convenient, and takes less time.
Above all, the result is on the spot. These vegetables are crispy, cooked to perfection, and tasteful. A perfect treat for every occasion.
Making air-fried frozen vegetables is super easy. You only require a few simple ingredients that are readily available in every kitchen pantry. These ingredients are:
- Frozen mixed vegetables: You can use store-bought or homemade frozen mixed vegetables for this recipe. The choice for mixed vegetables is yours. I personally love broccoli florets, carrots, and cauliflower florets. However, you can add other veggies as well.
- Olive oil: A dash of olive oil helps in cooking the vegetables to perfection. Furthermore, it also makes these vegetables crispy and brings a nice golden-brown color. You can choose any other oil like avocado oil as well.
- Garlic powder: gives the veggies a boost in flavor. I used granulated garlic powder.
- Salt: Salt is a basic ingredient in every dish. for this recipe, you can use table salt, pink Himalayan salt, or sea salt. The choice is yours.
How to cook frozen vegetables in an air fryer?
Cooking frozen vegetables in an air fryer is super easy. I don’t think there is anything more tasteful and easier to make than this. It takes only 20 minutes to get these out of the air fryer. Here are a few simple steps you have to follow:
Step 1: the first step is taking the frozen vegetables out of the freezer and putting them in a bowl.
2: Next, you have to drizzle olive oil on top, add garlic powder and salt.
Step 3: Mix well using your hands.
4: Place these vegetables in an air fryer basket and set the temperature to 400-degree F.
5: Let the vegetables cook for about 15 to 20 minutes. Halfway into the cook, shake vigorously.
Step 6: Make sure vegetables are tender, remove them from the air fryer basket and serve.
Tips For Perfectly Cooked Frozen Veggies
Although cooking frozen vegetables in an air fryer is quite an easy thing, here are a few tips that will help you cook these vegetables to perfection:
- Most people wonder whether you have to defrost frozen vegetables or not. Well, there is no need to defrost it. You can put the frozen ones in the air fryer, and they will come out perfectly well.
- If you doubt, they won’t cook from all sides, shake them every 5 minutes. This way, they will get even heat from all directions.
- Always keep a single layer of vegetables in the basket. Keep them at a slight distance from each other.
- You can add different spices to these vegetables as well. For instance, add jerk seasoning to enjoy the Caribbean flavors, Italian seasoning for Italian flavors.
- Furthermore, you can also make these vegetables spicy but adding cayenne powder or smoked paprika.
Other Air Fryer Recipes
- Garlic Bread In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Fries
- Baked Sweet Potatoes In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Plantains
- Air Fryer Kale Chips
What To Serve With Air-Fried Frozen Veggies?
These veggies go well with so many dishes. You can serve these as snacks with vegan dips. These are very healthy snack options. Furthermore, you can also serve it alongside the main course. Serve these with rice and gravy, and the texture and flavors are on spot. Moreover, you can also add these to the curries and gravies.
Can You Store Air-Fried Frozen Veggies?
If you have leftover air-fried vegetables, you can definitely store these. Place them in an air-tight container and store them in the refrigerator. They will stay good for up to 2 days. When heating it, place it in the air fryer basket for 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
When storing it, make sure you store it once it is at room temperature; otherwise, it will develop moisture and become soggy.
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends to Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
Once the time is up, remove the vegetables from the air fryer basket and serve.
- Energy: 17 kcal / 71 kJ
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Carbs: 2.2 g
- Preparation: 5 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- Ready in: 25 min
- 8 Servings
- In a bowl, add frozen vegetables.
- Drizzle oil, garlic powder, and salt, on top and mix well.
- Place the frozen vegetables in an air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook for about 20 minutes at 400-degree F. Shake air fryer basket after 10 minutes or flip vegetables.
- Shake air fryer basket after 10 minutes or flip vegetables.
- Once the time is up, remove the vegetables from the air fryer basket and serve.