My favorite toast is Avocado Toast with Hummus, it is so delicious you should give it a try! Creamy avocado and hummus spread on toast and top with cherry tomatoes.
I didn't even think about doing a recipe with avocado on toast because I have been making it for many many years without even thinking. We have taken it as sandwiches on several road trips across the Eastern Coast of the USA.
What is Avocado Toast?
Avocado toast is basically toasted slices of bread, topped with mashed avocado and whatever toppings you like.
You can basically get the ingredients from any grocery store in the country. If you are on a gluten-free plan then you can get gluten-free bread here. I also have a great gluten-free recipe in my cookbook. If you want to omit the bread altogether, try my Pineapple Guacamole Baked Plantains, so yummy!
I love Avocado Toast with Hummus because it is:
- Healthy - Avocado has lots of healthy fats.
- Satisfying - High in fiber and nutrients.
- Flavorful - The buttery taste of the avocado with the savory taste of hummus and sweet cherry tomatoes is a delightful treat.
- Easy to prepare that even your children can prepare it with or without supervision, depending on their age.
As busy parents, it is great to have a lot of quick and easy recipes on hand for times when you desperately need them, I totally get it! This Avocado Toast with Hummus recipe has rescued me on several occasions.
How To Make Avocado Toast With Hummus
I basically toast the bread, mash the avocados with minced garlic, lime, cilantro, and salt. You can use a fork or potato masher to mash your avocado. Add hummus, cherry tomatoes, and parsley. Don't mind the way I photographed the toasts, I basically wanted you to see them separate but it is great to layer them on one slice. For the hummus, you can use store bought or make one of these:
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 175 kcal / 732 kJ
- 11 g
- 4 g
- 18 g
- 5 min
- Ready in:
- 5 min
- Remove avocado pit and place the flesh in a bowl, mash with a fork. Stir in garlic, lime juice, cilantro and salt to taste.
- Spread a layer of hummus on toast, top with a layer of mashed avocado. Then put cherry tomatoes on top and sprinkly with parsley and pepper.
- Serve right away!