This apple beet ginger juice is tasteful, refreshing, and highly nutritious. It is a great juice for breakfast or just in the day.
Beets are root vegetables that are known for their dark brown skin and bright red or maroon interior. This root vegetable is loaded with nutrients, minerals, and vitamins.
There are so many ways you can make beet juice. You can enjoy it without combining it with any other juice, but it has a strong flavor. For this reason, most people like to pair it with other juices. We have used apple juice in this recipe.
Why Drink Beet Juice?
There are so many reasons you should drink beet juice. The juice is a powerhouse! It is loaded with healthy nutrients, not just from the beets, but also from the apples and ginger. Here is why you should add beet juice to your daily diet:
- First of all, beet juice improves stamina. Especially when you are starting to exercise regularly, consuming beet juice will give you energy and will boost your stamina.
- It helps lower blood pressure. As a result, it is amazing for people who have high blood pressure.
- It provides strength to the heart muscle. As a result, people who have heart conditions, especially weak heart muscles, can benefit from drinking beet juice. It also regulates cholesterol levels in the body.
- Promotes brain health and reduces the chances of dementia.
- It is an ideal recipe for people who like to keep an eye on their weight. It is great for weight management.
- This juice, along with ginger and apples, is high in antioxidants. As a result, it protects the body against serious diseases like cancer.
- It is rich in minerals like potassium, iron, manganese, zinc, and copper. Read More Here!
Best Juicer For Making Beet Juice?
When you are out looking for juicers, you will find several types and technologies. As a result, making the decision can be very difficult and confusing. However, if you ask me, I can break down everything into simple information.
Now, there are two main types of juicers, i.e., centrifugal juicers and mastication /cold press juicers. Centrifugal juicers are the ones that our mother or grandmother used. They are usually high in wattage and super-duper fast.
However, there is one drawback. Because they are very fast (we are talking about 10,000 to 14,000 RPM), the machine tends to heat up, resulting in warm juice.
Warm juice means fewer nutrients, low shelf life, and more foam. However, several brands have come up with revolutionary technologies that retain nutrients in the juice.
In contrast, mastication technology is relatively a new concept. This technology imitates the mechanism of human teeth and their movements and functions.
In other words, when we eat food, our teeth perform different functions in grinding, breaking, chewing, tearing, shredding, etc.; the specially designed blades do that at a slow sped which is usually 80 to 100 RPM.
As a result, more nutrients are extracted from the fruits. Moreover, the juice is healthier, has more shelf life, and has less foam. Mastication juicers are also widely known as cold press juicers.
Juicers vary greatly in mechanics, features, and functionality. What will become your favorite juicer will depend on what you prefer. After years of experimentation, here are a few of my absolute favorite options:
- AMZCHEF Masticating Juicer with Quiet Motor
- Breville Juice Fountain® Cold XL Juicer
- Tribest Greenstar GSE-5010 Elite Slow Masticating Juicer
Apple Beet Ginger Juice Recipe:
This juice is super easy to make. You will need three simple ingredients. These are:
- Beet: The main highlight of this juice is beetroots. They are responsible for the beautiful bright red color of this juice. Beetroots are known for their many benefits and are loaded with nutrients and vitamins. Use fresh beets for this recipe. When buying beets, make sure you choose the ones that are firm to touch. They should have a smooth surface without any cuts or breaks. Always choose medium-sized beets as they are more tender than large ones.
- Apples: The next main ingredient for this juice is apples. You can choose any type of apple, from green apples to red ones. Make sure you choose fresh produce that is firm and without holes or brown patches. You can add apples with or without skin. But always remove the core and seeds. That’s because apple seeds contain cyanide naturally. Although it is in a very small amount, you should still avoid adding it to the juicer.
- Fresh ginger: Ginger is often a compulsory ingredient in juices. That’s because it is loaded with nutrients and health benefits. Ginger contains anti-inflammatory properties and also aids indigestion. You don’t have to peel it before adding it to the juicer. Simply scrub and wash and use. You can adjust the amount according to your liking for the peppery flavor. Read more about the Health Benefits of Ginger.
How to Make Apple Beet Ginger Juice?
Making beet juice is super easy. You just need a good juicer and fruits. Start the juicer and push fruit pieces one by one by juicing beets, then ginger and apples in the end through the juicer’s feeding chute. You will get fresh juice in no more than 5 minutes.
here are a few ingredients that you can pair with beets to get new exciting flavors.
- Cucumber: cucumber is refreshing. It is full of water and is a great ingredient that offers detox properties.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice is tangy, citrusy, and loaded with vitamin C. it also has antioxidants and amazing detox properties.
- Mint: Mint is refreshing. It has a great flavor, and you can add it to any juice.
- Carrots: You can also pair beets with carrots. Carrots are rich in nutrients and vitamins. They also improve immunity.
- Celery: Although celery is a vegetable, its juice is super beneficial. It is loaded with vitamins and promotes hydration in the body.
How to Store Beet Juice?
Although it is advised to drink the juice immediately and fresh, if you have leftover beet juice, you can store it in an air-tight lid and place it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Other Beet Recipes To Prepare
- Beetroot Curry
- Roasted Beets with Chimichurri Sauce
- Easy Beet Hummus
- Air Fryer Roasted Beets
- Beet Greens
- Roasted Beets With Basil
- Blood Builder Juice
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Fortunately, because of the ads on our website, readers and subscribers of Healthier Steps are sponsoring many underprivileged families.
- Energy: 195 kcal / 815 kJ
- Fat: 4.1 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Carbs: 41.3 g
- Preparation: 5 min
- Ready in: 5 min
- For: 2 Servings
- Wash and scrub beets, apples, and ginger.
- Cut them in equal chunks that fit the juicer’s feeding chute
- Start by juicing beets, then ginger and apples in the end.
- Serve immediately.