The new year is moving along pretty fast and if you are like me, I’m trying to make sure I incorporate lots of healthy meals to compensate for all the rich dishes we ate over the holiday period.
Well, this granola parfait has all the yummy goodness without unhealthy fats, refine sugar and unnecessary additives that you would find in a conventional recipe. It’s so delicious,
I can’t get enough of this Blueberry Pomegranate Breakfast Parfait recipe, it is so satisfying, easy to whip together in minutes, and breakfast is not only healthy but looks gorgeous and taste amazing.
Granola is a staple in my home, so I always have some on hand, it is my hubby’s favorite go to breakfast when he is in a hurry to get to work in the mornings. He usually adds almond milk and fruits. For this parfait, you can either use my healthier version Granola recipe, the recipe below or your own,
This is a quick recipe so my granola is usually prepared ahead but I decided to share my favorite recipe with you.
For the cashew cream, I rinse the cashews and soak them for an hour, then I discard the water and rinse them again. I then process them with almond milk, maple syrup, lemon, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. If you leave out the sweetener and vanilla you can use this cream as a salad dressing. I like to make the cream the night before so that in the morning I can assemble the parfait in a jiffy,
- 564 kcal / 2358 kJ
- 5 min
- Ready in:
- 5 min
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cashews, rinse and soak for about 1 hour
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate arils
- Preheat oven 300 degrees F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper that has been lightly sprayed with oil.
- Combine maple syrup, coconut oil, flax seeds, vanilla, almond extract, and salt in a large bowl. Add rolled oats and stir until fully coated.
- Pour oatmeal on baking sheet and spread in a thin layer. Bake for 1 hour turning halfway.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.
- Drain and rinse cashews. Place cashews and the remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Place cashew cream at the bottom of the serving cup, next place 1/2 cup granola on top. then add more of the cashew cream and finally top with blueberries and pomegranates.
I have made the cream with soaked almonds using my high-speed blender, I process until I get a cream that is smooth and creamy. This might mean processing it 2 or 3 times. So if you decide to try at home, you might want to use a food processor first then a blender.