Butternut Squash Coconut Curry is one of the easiest, quickest and most tasty dishes that you can prepare in under 30 minutes.
Transform delicate butternut squash into this bold-tasting dish that becomes a culinary masterpiece in minutes. It's one of those dishes that you can take to a potluck and there won't be any leftovers. I love to serve it with rice or in a gluten-free wrap with lettuce, tomato. and cucumber.
Butternut squash keeps for pretty long on my counter, so I always love to use it to decorate my countertop during the fall season. It helps to add that warm and cozy feeling to our home.
I consider myself to be the queen of making simple and easy curries that are perfect weeknight dishes that the entire family will love!
Here is a list of some of my other delicious curries.
I love the flavor of butternut squash, which makes a great addition to soups and stews. As you may have noticed, in a lot of my recipes I tend to include thyme as a part of my seasonings. Thyme for a Jamaican is like basil for an Italian. It's an integral part of our cooking and we use it in most of our savory dishes, if not all. So I had to include thyme in this curry!
- 229 kcal / 957 kJ
- 18 g
- 5 g
- 188 g
- 4 cups butternut squash , peeled, deseed and dice
- 1-2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion , finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger , grated
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth , or 1 vegetable bouillon plus 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper , optional
- 1 teaspoon sea salt , or to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 10 min
- 15 min
- Ready in:
- 25 min
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium-high. Add onion, garlic and ginger.
- Cook until onion is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder, paprika and thyme. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in squash, coconut milk, vegetable broth.
- Bring to boil, Cover and reduce to a simmer on low heat.
- Cook for 15 minutes until squash cubes are tender but not mushy.
- Stir in pepper, salt and cilantro.
- Delicious served with rice.