Butternut Squash Coconut Curry is one of the easiest, quickest, and most tasty dishes that you can prepare in under 30 minutes.
Butternut squash keeps for pretty long on my counter, so I always love to use it to decorate my countertop during the fall season. It helps to add that warm and cozy feeling to our home.
I consider myself to be the queen of making simple and easy curries that are perfect weeknight dishes that the entire family will love! Check out my Black Bean And Butternut Squash stew!
Here is a list of some of my other delicious curries.
- Thai Coconut Curry Tofu
- Curry Quinoa with Broccoli
- Curry Chickpea Salad
- Curry Cabbage
- Cauliflower Rice Curry
- Spicy Potato Curry
How To Make Butternut Squash Coconut Curry
Check out the video on How To Peel And Chop Butternut Squash
To make Butternut Squash Coconut Curry, peel and cut butternut squash into cubes, saute the onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder, paprika, and thyme. Add butternut squash cubes and stir to coat. Add coconut milk, veggie broth, and cook until squash is tender. Stir in salt and pepper and serve.
I love the flavor of butternut squash, which makes a great addition to soups and stews. As you may have noticed, in a lot of my recipes I tend to include thyme as a part of my seasonings.
Thyme for a Jamaican is like basil for an Italian. It’s an integral part of our cooking and we use it in most of our savory dishes, if not all. So I had to include thyme in this curry!
For Healthier Steps Soups And Stews Cookbook check HERE.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 229 kcal / 957 kJ
- Fat: 18 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Carbs: 188 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- Ready in: 25 min
- For: 6 people
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled, deseed and dice
- 1-2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth, or 1 vegetable bouillon plus 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium-high. Add onion, garlic and ginger.
- Cook until onion is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder, paprika and thyme. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in squash, coconut milk, vegetable broth.
- Bring to boil, Cover and reduce to a simmer on low heat.
- Cook for 15 minutes until squash cubes are tender but not mushy.
- Stir in pepper, salt and cilantro.
- Delicious served with rice.