FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
Florida Relocation And Black Bean Butternut Squash Stew
I just want to update my readers about the latest in my journey. We just moved from Ohio to Florida this past week
I never dreamed of living in Florida but I couldn’t be happier about this move!
It is so gorgeous here, we are surrounded by beautiful lakes and lovely tropical scenery. I’m still pinching myself.
I must say I really enjoy being a missionary’s wife, we get to live in some of the most beautiful countrysides.
I will be sharing photos as soon as I’m more settled. Our dog Macho did very well on the long ride and he was very calm throughout our 13-hour drive.
We stopped part of the way for a night so that it wasn’t too much for my daughter who drove one of our vehicles.
We are still waiting for May Flower to deliver our belongings, but fortunately, we are staying in a fully furnished home, while our future home is being renovated.
Comforting Black Bean Butternut Stew
Although I miss my friends in Ohio, I’m always excited to make new friends and to see what God has in store for us.
My husband loves his new job as manager of a much larger facility for the same organization, my daughter was fortunate to get a job transfer and
My husband loves his new job as manager of a much larger facility for the same organization, my daughter was fortunate to get a job transfer and Daevyd can’t wait to meet new friends.
I will have to take a little break from soap-making until I’m all settled, but I will continue to share recipes with you. I’m overjoyed on being able to grow tropical fruits and vegetables here and. I can’t wait to start my garden.
I bought some tender collard greens at a local health food store, they were so fresh and vibrant. I decided to add some at the end of this delicious black bean and butternut squash stew.
How To Make Black Bean Butternut Squash Stew
Check out the video on How To Peel And Chop Butternut Squash
I called it a stew but it’s slightly different from say a typical chili and the consistency is much thicker than a soup.
I added coconut milk and used a pinch of allspice for a more tropical twist.
The results were simply amazing, a perfect blend of sweet, spicy, and just full of flavor.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook onion, garlic, bell pepper, and green onions.
- Add butternut squash, black beans, Italian Seasoning, thyme, and stir to coat. Stir in coconut milk, vegetable broth. bouillon cube, allspice, cayenne pepper and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in greens and cook for about 4 minutes.
Other Delicious Black Bean Recipes To Try:
- Best Black Bean Burritos
- Easy Black Bean Tacos
- Vegan Black Bean Nachos
- Black Bean Hummus
- Black Bean Enchiladas
For my Soups And Stews Cookbook check HERE.
Join our new Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 278 kcal / 1162 kJ
- Fat: 18 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Carbs: 24 g
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- Ready in: 40 min
- 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled, and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 vegan bouillon, (I used Edward & Son’s Not-Chick’n Bouillon Cubes)
- 1 cup tender collard greens, or kale or spinach, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Pinch of allspice, (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and bell peppers cook and cook until onions are soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and spring onion and cook for 1 minute
- Add butternut squash, black beans, Italian Seasoning, thyme and stir to coat. Stir in coconut milk, vegetable broth. bouillon cube, allspice, cayenne pepper and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in leafy greens and cook for about 4 minutes, delicious served with brown rice and avocado.