Vegan Nachos are another family favorite and definitely quick and easy to prepare. By now you may have realized that I love to prepare meals that don’t require me to spend hours in the kitchen. Vegan Black Bean Nachos is amazing!
Allow me to introduce you to making your bag of chips into a delicious healthy dinner. Vegan black bean nachos are the most satisfying version of a party snack you can prepare at home. All you need is some Tortilla Chips, Salsa, black bean, Vegan Nacho Cheese, and for toppings, add some cherry tomato, avocado, green onion, and cilantro leaves.
Everyone loves nachos, and after taco Tuesday, we have lots of leftover
black beans, which we stack together and prepare nachos for game nights. Try out these amazing vegan black bean nachos with your family today!
Why is Black Bean Healthy for Us?
Black beans are also familiar as turtle beans because of their shell-like look, and in fact, they are digestible seeds from plants. These seeds are popularly used in North American diets for at least 7,000 years. Black beans are full of protein, fiber, and other key vitamins and minerals which are beneficial for our health. Read More.
Black beans have a comforting and mildly sweet flavor, which makes a great combination with nachos. A diet with beans can fill your daily protein needs and provide vital nutrition with sugar and fat.
Helps Us Maintain Healthy Bones
The phosphorus, iron, calcium, manganese, magnesium, copper, and zinc from black beans can help us build or maintain healthy bones. Phosphorus and calcium are necessary for our bone structure, where zinc and iron maintain the elasticity and strength of joints and bones.
Lowers Blood Pressure
Black beans are low in sodium and have calcium, potassium, and magnesium, which are proven to lower blood pressure naturally. Make sure you are buying low sodium canned options when getting black beans.
One cup or 172g of black beans contains 15g of fiber. It is proven to lower blood glucose levels in type 1 diabetes patients.
Defends Against Heart Disease
Vitamin B6, folate, fiber, potassium, and phytonutrient content of black beans directly support our heart health. Also, black beans have saponins and quercetin, which boost our cardioprotection.
Black beans have a mineral called selenium, which plays an important role in our liver’s enzyme function. This mineral helps to detoxify several cancer compounds.
Supports Healthy Digestion
The fiber of black beans can stop any constipation and promote our healthy digestive tract. They also work as good fuel for our gut’s healthy bacterias.
Helps with Weight Loss
Fiber is known to increase our sense of fullness after any meal. As black beans are filled with fiber, they can help us with managing weight loss.
Ingredients For Vegan Nachos
- Tortilla Chips – use organic tortilla chips for the best quality nachos. Fewer ingredients on the package, the better. You can also make these homemade Nacho Cheese Doritos for lots of flavors.
- Vegan Nacho Cheese – enjoy this homemade Nacho Cheese recipe that is easy to prepare and tastes amazing.
- For The Black Beans
- Olive Oil – for cooking onion, garlic, and black beans
- Onion. Garlic, Cumin, Salt – instead of boring black beans, boost it with the flavor of onion, garlic, cumin, and salt so you can enjoy the best ever vegan nachos.
- Black Beans – you can use a can or make your own from scratch. Sort and discard any debris or broken dried black beans, about 1 cup. Rinse and soak black beans in water for 8 hours or overnight. The following day, discard the water, but the black beans in a pot, add fresh water to cover black beans, about 1 inch above the beans. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to simmer for 45 minutes. or make Instant Pot Black Beans.
- Lentil taco meat recipe, or your favorite vegan ground meat (optional
- Toppings – tomato, avocado, green onion, cilantro.
How To Make Vegan Nachos
- Prepare the Vegan Nacho Cheese.
- Prepare the Black Bean Recipes.
- Next, prepare the Lentil Taco Meat (recipe and instructions in the recipe card below) or if you are using storebought vegan ground meat, cook according to the package directions.
- Place chips on a serving platter. Layer with black bean, top with lentil taco meat, nacho cheese, tomato, avocado, green onion, cilantro.. Enjoy!
How Vegan Cheese Made of?
You can easily prepare vegan cheese sauce at home with some simple handy ingredients. To prepare this, soak the cashew in water and start blending with water, spices, and nutritional yeast.
After that, warm it on the stove to achieve the perfect nacho cheese perfection. You can add some chili or sriracha sauce to get a spice flavor. You can avoid adding chili if your kids are sensitive to spices. See Vegan Nacho Cheese Recipe.
How Do I Reheat the Nachos to Crispy Again?
If you are looking for ways to impress your family with your leftover nachos, then here are some steps to make soggy nachos into crispy and delicious nachos.
Oven or Toaster
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F and cover the nachos with aluminum foil.
- Start reheating the nachos in the oven for 15 minutes. The heating timing can range from 5 to 15 minutes, depending on the crispness you like with your nachos.
- Get a skillet big enough to spread the nachos fully.
- Get an aluminum foil and cover the top of the skillet. Cover the nachos with the foil.
- Place the lid on top of the skillet of the foil and start heating the nachos in medium-high heat. Check the nachos every 5 minutes to make sure they don’t burn.
- Use an oven-safe plate and spread the nachos evenly on that.
- Start spreading the nachos on the plate and put them on the broiler.
- Heat for 1 to 3 minutes and check every few times so that the chips won’t get burnt.
Tips and Tricks For Preparing The Best Nachos
- Always use thick and hearty chips to prepare nachos as thin and crispy chips can not stand up to layers of toppings and often burn while baking.
- If you are using leftover black beans from a nacho party, then be sure to heat them while adding them onto chips.
- It’s all about those cheesy and bean mixture layers. Layer your nachos with the perfect chip to topping ratio. No one likes to have so many toppings or no toppings in their chips that you can’t even lift your chip properly.
- Prepare the toppings ahead so that you can pour them on the chips together.
- Use strong chips so that you can scoop them easily.
- Keep the black beans thick so that they don’t make the tortilla chips soggy.
- Leftover nachos never stay in good shape, so it’s better if you finish that with your family.
If you enjoyed this post about Vegan Nachos and would love to see more, join me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook & Twitter!
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Fortunately, because of the Ads on our website, readers and subscribers of Healthier Steps are sponsoring many underprivileged families.
- Courses: Appetizer, Entrée, Main Course, Snack
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Season: Cinco De Mayo
- Energy: 396 kcal / 1655 kJ
- Fat: 12 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Carbs: 56 g
- Preparation: 20 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- For: 8 servings
- 4 cups Tortilla chips
- 1 batch vegan nacho cheese, click on the link to see recipe
For The Black Beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of salt
Lentil Taco Meat
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos, or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- grape or cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Prepare the Vegan Nacho Cheese, set aside
Prepare the Black Bean Recipes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add onion and saute until soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Stir in black beans, cumin and season with salt to taste
For The Lentil Taco Meat
- Rinse lentils using a fine mesh strainer. Place water with lentils in a medium size pot on medium-high heat to a boil.
- Cover the pot and reduce to simmer for 30 minutes or until tender. If there is liquid remaining then leave the pot uncovered and cook until evaporated.
- Allow the lentils to cool slightly, transfer to a food processor and add walnuts. Process until crumbly texture.
- Heat skillet with olive oil on medium-high. Add onions and cook stirring until tender about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in lentil walnut mixture, cumin, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, Bragg's liquid aminos, tomato paste and salt. Cook stirring mixture for 1 minute to fully incorporate seasonings.
- if you are using store bought vegan ground meat, cook according the package directions.
- Place chips on a serving platter. Layer with black bean, top with lentil taco meat, nacho cheese, tomato, avocado, green onion, cilantro.. Enjoy!. Enjoy!
My favorite foods and definitely quick easy to prepare
i just finish making the lentil taco meat taste great… about to make the cheese sauce and your strawberry ice cream is in the freezer. Will be everything together when he comes home..Hubby bday today..thank you for meal idea.. I know he is going to love it. QUESTION: I had to look on another site for salsa recipe…. Do u have any … I don’t use vinegar and most store bought are .. and it cheaper to make your own.. If you do have a recipe for salsa I would prefer to use yours… All your recipes taste great.
Philly, that’s wonderful. Love how you are making a homecooked meal for your hubby’s birthday. I don’t cook with vinegar either, I find foods with vinegar gives me heartburn. I will have to post a salsa, ketchup and more sauces in general recipe for summer, thank you for reminding me.
Philly, I just realized that ironically the strawberry ice cream is the one I updated last night. I have changed the recipe and will be posting new photos. I’m not sure if you made the old version because I had edited it with the new measurements.
This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe. ?❤️
You are welcome Ashley, hope you try them :)