This creamy and smooth Vegan Nacho Cheese Recipe is so easy to prepare yet so deliciously addictive, it is much healthier than traditional nacho cheese and perfect to serve your non-vegan friends and family.
This amazing recipe is great for your next event and will certainly be a huge hit! In order to achieve the velvety cheese sauce, I highly recommend you use a high-speed blender such as Blentec or Vitamix.
If you don't have a high-speed blender then make sure to soak your cashews before blending, I also recommend that you blend at least two times resting the blender after each time you process the sauce to prevent your motor from getting damaged.
This is my tried and true recipe that will be a hit every time you make it. I use this non-dairy vegan nacho cheese as a dip with chips, as a sandwich spread, pasta and as a substitute for all your old non-vegan recipes that called for nacho cheese.
The good thing is that most of the ingredients can be found in every well stocked pantry except for the Nutritional yeast flakes that can be found online and the tahini paste can be found here if you cannot find them in your local health food store.
Come and join our informative, supportive, inspiring Facebook group Vegan Recipes With Love to help you stay motivated on your journey. Our members share lots of recipes, health benefits of foods and tips! Bring your friends too!
- 1 cup cashews , soaked for 1 hour in warm water
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper , chopped
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes , or 1/2 teaspoon cumin if yeast-free
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 or 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 5 min
- Ready in:
- 5 min
- Soak cashews for about an hour in warm water to soften or boil in water for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse
- Place water in high-speed blender, add cashews, red bell pepper, nutritional yeast flakes, tahini, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and cayenne pepper. Process until smooth.
- Pour sauce into a medium sized saucepan and bring to boil on medium heat stirring constantly with a whisk until thick and bubbly, being careful not to burn.