This Vegan Fajita Rice Bowl has delicious and colorful sauteed veggies served with cilantro brown rice and protein-packed soy curls.
Preparing a veggie fajita rice bowl is one of my favorite ways of enjoying Mexican food at home. It’s easy to prepare and very delicious. It is also one of those dishes that meat eaters enjoy! This version of delicious vegan fajita bowl recipe uses Soy Curls™instead of chicken.
What Are Soy Curls?
Soy curls are delicious and they are the perfect meat alternative. They are one of the healthiest on the market as well.
Soy Curls are made from whole soybeans which include all the fiber, unlike most meat alternative products on the market that are made from isolated soy protein or just many obscure ingredients, many of which are hard to pronounce. Soy curls have a texture that is similar to chicken, making it one of the best and most natural chicken alternative that I have prepared. They are also gluten-free.
I don’t prepare them often because it is not as mainstream. I recently bought a pack at a vegan restaurant while we were away in Tampa, I was so excited because I hadn’t seen it since I moved here from Ohio almost a year ago.
Butler Soy curls can be bought directly from this company or online. You can use it as a substitute for chicken, after rehydrating it in warm water. I also include a homemade fajita seasoning mix recipe, which has none of the dangerous additives found in commercial brands.
I enjoyed it served with cilantro brown rice, and lots of veggies including bell peppers, avocados, and tomatoes. You can substitute your favorite veggies.
Other Butler Soy Curls Recipes
- Thai Basil Soy Curls
- Teriyaki Soy Curls With Pineapple And Bell Pepper
- Vegan Gumbo
- Vegan Curry Chicken
- Vegan Chicken And Dumplings
- Japchae (Korean-Style Stir Fry Noodles)
- Ital Stew
- 288 kcal / 1204 kJ
- 7 g
- 10 g
- 45 g
- 20 min
- 50 min
- Ready in:
- 1 h 10 min
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups Soy Curls™
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper, optional
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion cut in slices
- 1/4 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 medium orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Rinse rice using a fine mesh strainer,
- Place rice in a medium pot with water, garlic and salt.
- Bring to boil, cover pot and reduce heat to low. Meanwhile, prepare Veggie Fajita.
- Cook for about 45- 50 minutes, may need to add extra water.
- Fluff with fork and stir in lime juice and cilantro
- To prepare soy curls, preheat oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place soy curls in a medium bowl with warm water. Soak for 10 minutes
- Drain soy curls using a fine mesh strainer, squeezing out excess liquid. Discard liquid.
- Transfer soy curls to a bowl and add oregano, onion powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika,yeast flakes, cayenne pepper, and salt to taste.
- Spread Soy Curls on a greased parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high. Add onion and bell peppers. Cook until onions are soft, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a dish.
- To serve, divide rice, soy curls, sauteed veggies, avocados, tomatoes, and place into the bowls. Garnish with cilantro.