THAI BASIL SOY CURLS recipe is a very easy weeknight dish that comes together quickly. I was inspired to make my version after I saw the recipe for Thai Basil Chicken online, the ingredients used fish sauce and oyster sauce so I adapted the recipe and made my own sauce. I first started to use tofu but put the tofu back in the refrigerator and decided to use Butler's Soy Curls instead.
I love Thai food so this was so easy for me to prepare and serve dinner in 30 minutes, See my THAI BASIL SALAD and THAI COCONUT CURRY TOFU. I even have fresh Thai basil in my garden, it is so fragrant and herbaceous and adds a unique flavor to this dish. You can substitute regular basil instead.
How To Make Thai Basil Soy Curls
To make my this recipe, I soaked the Soy Curls for about 10 minutes in hot water, meanwhile I prepared the sauce and set aside. I then fully drain them in a colander and toss with Bragg's liquid aminos. I then fry Soy Curls in a non-stick skillet until golden brown.
Next, I added the onion, garlic, ginger and bell pepper and cook to soften. I then added the sauce and stir to coat while cooking. Finally, I added the chopped basil and cayenne pepper and check seasoning and serve.
Other Butler Soy Curls Recipes
- Teriyaki Soy Curls With Pineapple And Bell Pepper
- Vegan Gumbo
- Vegan Curry Chicken
- Vegan Chicken And Dumplings
- Japchae (Korean-Style Stir Fry Noodles)
- Ital Stew
- Vegan Fajita Bowl
- 134 kcal / 560 kJ
- 9 g
- 2 g
- 11 g
- 20 min
- 2 min
- Ready in:
- 22 min
- 2 cups Butler Soy Curls™
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 tablespoon Bragg's liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 handful Thai basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Soak Soy Curls™ in warm water for about 10 minutes. Drain water and chop Soy Curls into small pieces, toss with Bragg's Liquid Aminos. Combine the ingredients for the sauce into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet on medium-high, add Soy Curls and cook until golden brown, turning constantly, about 5 minutes.
- Move the sauteed soy curls to one side of the skillet, add onion, garlic, ginger, and red bell pepper and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add sauce mixture to the soy curls and veggies, and stir to coat, continue cooking until sauce has evaporated.
- Turn off heat and stir in basil leaves and cayenne pepper and check the seasonings if salt is needed. Add salt to taste and serve with rice.