I have been meaning to share my recipe for the longest while, but there is nothing like the right time. This is my vegan version of the old classic dish, ‘ Chicken and Dumplings’. The beauty of my version is that it is vegan and gluten-free.
It is easy to prepare and the result is beyond amazing!
I love to prepare stews and I believe as a cook that is where my strength lies, taking simple ingredients and turning them into out of this world tasty recipes.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
Vegan Chicken and Dumplings Ingredients
- Soy Curls
- Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- Italian Seasoning
- Vegetable Oil
- Green Onion
- Thyme, Rosemary Sage, Cayenne Pepper
- Vegetable Broth
- Nutritional Yeast Flakes
How To Make Vegan Chicken And Dumplings?
To prepare this vegan chicken and dumpling recipe, I rehydrate Butlers Soy Curls in hot water, then I drain the water and squeeze out as much liquid. I added seasonings and sauteed it for 5 minutes to lightly brown and seal the flavors.
I then saute the vegetables and herbs, next, the broth and seasonings.
I allow the stew to simmer, so flavors would meld, while I made the dumplings.
Finally, I added the dumplings to the flavorful stew.
Tips For Making Vegan Chicken and Dumplings
- You can substitute my gluten-flour blend dumpling blend with your favorite store-bought gluten-free all-purpose flour. Add the baking powder, salt, non-dairy butter, and non-dairy milk.
- Substitute soy curls with favorite vegetable protein, like marinated tofu or chickpeas.
- Substitute Bragg’s Liquid Aminos for Tamari.
Other Vegan Stews To Try
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 489 kcal / 2044 kJ
- Fat: 24 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Carbs: 59 g
- Preparation: 25 min
- Cooking: 1 h 10 min
- Ready in: 1 h 35 min
- 6 servings
- 2 cups Butler's Soy Curls
- 2 tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 5 cups vegetable broth, or water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Soak Soy Curls™ in about 2 1/2 cups warm water for about 10 minutes. Drain Soy Curls and toss with Bragg's liquid aminos and Italian seasoning. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high. Saute Soy Curls for about 5 minutes, turning often until slightly brown, set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat, add onion and cook until soft for about 3 minutes. Add green onion, garlic, celery, thyme, rosemary sage and cayenne pepper, cook for another minute. Stir in carrots and potatoes and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add water or vegetable broth and nutritional yeast. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer for 10 minutes while you make the dumplings.
- To make dumplings, combine brown rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Cut butter in flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add almond milk and form into a dough, take pieces of dough and lightly form into a ball. Drop into the stew and cook for 15 minutes. Stir in the Soy Curls and serve.