FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
I finally got around to doing a cheese ball, just in time for the Christmas holiday.
My cranberry cheese ball is a combination of the cheesy taste of cashew cheese. creamy vegan cream cheese with added green onions, jalapenos and coated with festive cranberries. The perfect blend of sweet, savory and spicy!
My friends, if you have never tried cheese ball appetizers then you are in for a surprise, they are so addictive and your guests will be blown away by this mouthwatering treat.
How To Make Vegan Cheese Balls
Soak Cashews for about 4 hours or cook in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Place soaked cashews in a food processor with cream cheese, lemon juice, yeast flakes, garlic powder, salt and process until smooth and creamy.
Add green onion, jalapeno, cayenne pepper, and pulse. Scrape out cheese ball onto plastic wrap or cheesecloth, form into a ball and wrap the plastic wrap securely around cheese ball.
Refrigerate for about 4 hours. Remove plastic wrap, coat the cheese ball with dried cranberries and serve on a platter with Simple Mills Gluten-Free Vegan Crackers.
You can make this cheeseball the day before and the flavors meld even better.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 104 kcal / 435 kJ
- Fat: 7 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Carbs: 7 g
- Preparation: 4 h
- Ready in: 4 h
- 16 Servings
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese, (I used Daiya Chives and Onion)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 green onion, white part only chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- dried cranberries
- Soak Cashews for about 4 hours or cook in boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- Drain cashews and add to a food processor with cream cheese, lemon juice, yeast flakes, garlic powder, salt, and process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides.
- Add green onion, jalapeno, cayenne pepper, and pulse. Scrape out cheese ball onto plastic wrap or cheesecloth, form into a ball and wrap the plastic wrap securely around cheese ball.
- Refrigerate for about 4 hours. Remove plastic wrap and coat the cheese ball with dried cranberries. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve, add crackers.