This is the best Vegan Skillet Cornbread recipe ever. It is so moist, slightly sweet and tastes just like traditional cornbread without the dairy. It will be the only vegan cornbread recipe that you will ever need.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
Growing up in Jamaica hot cornmeal porridge was a staple for us. Somehow, the corn on the husk there was very hardy, not like the soft sweet corn sold here in the USA. Corn was also enjoyed there in soups and roasted on open untreated charcoal fire pits.
As a dessert, we had cornmeal pudding which is a very dense, moist and rich cake. It was made with coconut milk, spices like nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, allspice (I will share my version soon).
How To Make Vegan Cornbread
Vegan Skillet Cornbread is so easy to bake in a skillet, Basically, mix wet ingredients in a bowl along with ground flaxseeds, mix dry ingredients in another then combine both wet and dry ingredients. Scoop batter in a lightly greased skillet and bake in a preheated oven.
Back to the recipe, this is the best vegan cornbread I have ever had, it is so moist and delicious. I used melted Earth Balance Buttery Spread but you can try coconut oil. For the oat flour, I processed rolled oats in my high-speed blender. For the almond flour, I used Bob's Red Mill brand. The skillet I used it the Eurocast Professional Cookware.
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 1 kcal / 4 kJ
- 1 g
- 2 g
- 1 g
- 10 min
- 30 min
- Ready in:
- 40 min
- 1 cup almond milk, or your favorite
- 1/2 cup melted non-dairy butter, (I used Earth Balance Buttery Spread)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds, (I used the yellow colored)
- 1 cup cornmeal (fine)
- 1/2 cup oat flour*
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar, or sweetener of choice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven350. Lightly oil skillet and set aside. Mix non-dairy milk, melted non-dairy butter, and ground flax seeds in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, oat flour, almond flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir wet mixture into dry until fully combined. Scoop batter into skillet and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and fork inserted into the center comes out clean.