This delicious Turmeric Chickpea Salad With Mint Dressing is hearty and full of flavors with a perfect blend of roasted chickpeas and broccoli, with fresh vegetables!
This salad is perfect to kick off the New Year. It is a welcome change from all the indulgent foods that were eaten over the past holiday.
I must say that I miss the holidays because I got to spend quality time with my family and friends. But I'm so happy to start a new year, with new goals, new desires and a feeling of growth!
On a lighter note, this salad is great for detoxifying. It is vibrant and colorful, with fresh tomatoes, avocados, and cucumber and flavorful broccoli and roasted chickpeas.
It is hearty, yet it doesn't leave me feeling heavy and weighed down physically or mentally.
Instead, I feel energized and ready to claim my blessings hahaha! Seriously, I feel like I could eat this salad every single day!
Check out this list of my other delicious chickpea recipes:
It is packed with protein, antioxidants, fibers, vitamins and minerals.
I deliberately used turmeric on the chickpeas because of its healing properties. Tumeric is known to be one of the most healing food on this earth. There are over 6000 peer-reviewed articles written about the benefits of turmeric.
Turmeric contains a compound called curcumin, that has all these healing benefits:
- 423 kcal / 1768 kJ
- 17 g
- 17 g
- 56 g
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas , or 1-15 oz can, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons olive , or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika , or add to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , cut in halves
- 1 medium cucumber , chopped
- 1/2 avocado , cut into slices
- Mint leaves , for garnishing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime , or lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Mint leaves , chopped or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 15 min
- 20 min
- Ready in:
- 35 min
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly oil.
- Place chickpeas and broccoli florets in a large bowl.
- Toss with oil, turmeric, cumin, paprika, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Place seasoned chickpeas and broccoli on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, place salad dressing ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- To assemble, divide chickpea and broccoli into 2 bowls. Add tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocados.
- Drizzle with 1/2 of the mint dressing and serve. Refrigerate remaining dressing will keep for about 1 week.