FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
It is back to school time and I was asked to come up with a recipe that would be ideal for school lunch, this vegan chickpea salad sandwich was the first recipe that came to my mind. the second was my Vegan BLT Sandwich and the third was my Ultimate Black Bean Burger.
My son Daevyd loves all these three recipes so I’m sure that my Easy Chickpea Salad Sandwich will be a hit. It is not only quick and easy to prepare but it is also healthy and packed with nutrients that a growing child needs. As a matter of fact, it will be enjoyed by the entire family, I had to resist making another batch.
How To Make Easy Chickpea Salad Sandwich?
This Chickpea Salad Sandwich recipe is so easy to prepare that children can help, you basically open a can of chickpeas or 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, drain the liquid and place the chickpeas into a bowl. Next mash chickpeas with a fork or a potato masher.
I bet your little ones would love to help. Then add chopped red onions, red bell pepper. celery, dill, vegan mayo, salt to taste and mix to combine. Spread between slices of bread with lettuce. The perfect sandwich for school, work, or a family trip.
The Benefits Of Chickpeas
Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans are high in protein and a great replacement for meat. They are packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber. To read more about chickpeas see Dr. Axe’s Chickpeas Nutrition Benefits the Gut, Heart & More
My Other Amazing Chickpea Recipes:
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
- 205 kcal / 857 kJ
- 5 g
- 6 g
- 33 g
- 5 min
- Ready in:
- 5 min
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish, (I used PA's Pickle)
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo, (I used Just Mayo) extra to spread on the bread
- 4 slices of bread, (I used gluten-free bread)
- 2 lettuce leaves
- Place drained chickpea in a medium bowl, mash with a fork or potato masher. Add celery, bell pepper, onion, relish, salt, dill, and mayo. Stir to fully combine.
- Spread mayo on 1 slice of bread, top with lettuce leaf, chickpea sandwich spread, then another slice of bread. Refrigerate remaining spread for up to 3 days.