Flavor-packed Vegan Italian Pasta Salad is vibrant and loaded with cucumber, olives, tomatoes, red onions, herbs and perfect for barbecues, potlucks or any special events!
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
It's coming to the end of summer and time to get ready for your Labor Day weekend cookout. This Vegan Italian Pasta Salad is easy to prepare and it's the kind of side dish that can pretty much go with most dishes.
It tastes delicious as is but you can add your favorite protein to take it to another level. I have added baked tofu, vegan mozzarella, and vegan sausage to it and it is usually gone in no time. For a creamier dressing try my Vegan Macaroni Salad.
How To Make Italian Pasta Salad?
This Vegan Italian Pasta Salad is very easy to prepare. I used Heartland Gluten Free Fusilli, which is made from non-GMO corn and rice. It cooked al dente and really held its shape well. I made a homemade Italian dressing using ingredients that are easy to find.
I added maple syrup as the sweetener in the dressing and used extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, fresh garlic and Italian seasoning. The dressing tasted fresh, zesty, and alive. I added fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions.
Here are some of my favorite recipes to make for Labor Day holiday:
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 2 kcal / 8 kJ
- 9 g
- 6 g
- 3 g
- 18 min
- 12 min
- Ready in:
- 30 min
- 1 pound fusilli pasta
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup black olive slices
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped, extra for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella cubes, optional
- Bring a large pot of water with about 1 teaspoon salt to boil on medium high heat. Add fusilli pasta and stir, cook pasta according to package direction. While pasta is cooking prepare Italian dressing and other ingredients.
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a mason jar and shake well. Set aside.
- Drain pasta, rinse with cold water and place into a large bowl.
- Add onion, olive, cucumber, tomato, and salad dressing, mozzarella and toss to coat.
- Keep refrigerated and allow flavors to mingle for a couple hours before serving.