The Ultimate Vegan Oatmeal Burger (Makeover) is full of flavor, deliciously served with burger buns and garnishes or with your favorite gravy and mashed potatoes!
This The Ultimate Vegan Oatmeal Burger (Makeover) recipe is definitely a winner. They can be made in larger quantities and they freeze well.
Black beans may be substituted with kidney beans. Pecans, almonds, and cashews may be used instead of walnuts. This oatmeal burger recipe can be modified to use the herbs that you like.
*I decided to redo the recipe to make it gluten-free as well. My readers kept asking me about substitutions and because it’s such a popular recipe I decided to go ahead and do a makeover.
This version is very delicious, my eight-year-old Daevyd, helped me to make these burgers and he enjoyed eating his burger so much. He kept telling me how good it tasted! He is very picky and he actually wanted another burger!
I am so excited to start a new facebook group, sharing lots of delicious vegan recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us at Vegan Recipes With Love! If you tried this recipe, please comment below and let us know how you like it. Also, please follow us on Instagram!
- 329 kcal / 1375 kJ
- 10 g
- 14 g
- 46 g
- 30 min
- 30 min
- Ready in:
- 1 h
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos Sauce, Braggs liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup cooked rice or quinoa
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- Preheat oven 400 degrees. Bring water to boil in a saucepan.
- Add Bragg’s liquid aminos, onion , garlic, yeast flakes, Italian seasoning and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in oats, cooked rice, walnuts, black beans, and flax seeds.
- Reduce heat and keep on stirring until liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Using a large canning jar lid including the rim, form patties placing them on a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning halfway. You may also cook in a lightly oiled skillet on both sides. Top with your favorite toppings!