I love to make these Crispy Baked Potato Wedges when we have young people visit, they find them so satisfying served with my Vegan Cheese sauce and my Ultimate Vegan Oatmeal Burger or just plain old ketchup.
They are incredibly flavorful, crispy, herby, and crunchy on the outside, juicy and soft inside. They are seasoned with fresh garlic, onion powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, cayenne pepper, and my secret seasoning nutritional yeast flakes.
Baked Potato Wedges
I have been making these oven-baked fries for over 10 years and never get tired of them. The blend of herbs and spices is just right. Making homemade baked potato wedges are so better than ones at the restaurant! They are healthier, you get to contain the ingredients and flavor to taste, whether you want less salt or more spice, it is up to you.
I also love the fact that the potato wedges are baked with olive oil and not deep-fried too, without compromising on flavor.
What Are The Seasonings For Oven Baked Potato Wedges?
- Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- Onion Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Cayenne Pepper
What is nutritional yeast flakes?
Nutritional yeast flakes are deactivated yeast, a yellow powder or flakes similar in appearance to cornmeal.
Found in the bulk sections of many health food stores or on Amazon and is popular with vegans/vegetarians to use in recipes for a creamy, nutty, or cheesy taste.
It is also popular as a source of protein and B vitamins especially Vitamin B12. I especially like it to make vegan cheese sauces, gravies, soups, and popcorn.
How To Make Oven Baked Potato Wedges?
To cut potatoes in wedges:
- First, cut the potato into half lengthwise.
- Cut one-half into half lengthwise, then each half into halves.
- Repeat with the other half of the potato.
Go on and leave the skin on so you can receive the added nutritional benefits of vitamin B6, Vitamin C, iron, calcium, zinc, copper, and fiber.
Place wedges in a large bowl or resealable bag. Add olive oil, garlic, and seasonings, toss to coat Arrange potato wedges on a greased baking sheet (I used parchment paper to line the sheet).
How Long Should I Bake Potato Wedges?
Bake for 45 minutes, turning halfway or until golden brown. Garnish with parsley and serve with ketchup.
Tips For Making Seasoned Baked Potato Wedges
- Cut potato wedges about the same size to ensure even baking.
- I usually add the seasoning and extra salt until you taste the seasoning, if you don’t season it generously, the wedges will taste bland after they are baked.
- Make sure you place the wedges on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer to ensure that they bake evenly.
- Turn fries halfway, depending on the size of your fries. you will need to keep an eye on them to prevent them from burning. You might need to cook for a longer time.
- I love to serve mine immediately with ketchup, vegan cheese sauce.
Other Delicious Recipes To Serve Potato Wedges
- Ultimate Oatmeal Burger
- Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Blackbean Quinoa Burger
- Vegan BLT Sandwich
- Baked Tofu Nuggets
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, we are sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends to Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 203 kcal / 849 kJ
- Fat: 6 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Carbs: 35 g
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 45 min
- Ready in: 1 h
- 6 people
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray or brush with cooking oil.
- Scrub and wash potatoes, cut potatoes (including skin) into wedges by cutting each one in half lengthwise, then cutting each half into four wedges, having a total of 8 wedges per potatoes.
- Place wedges in a large bowl or resealable bag. Add olive oil, garlic, and seasonings, toss to coat. Arrange potato wedges on a greased baking sheet (I used parchment paper to line the sheet).
- Bake for 45 minutes, turning halfway or until golden brown. Garnish with parsley and serve with ketchup.