I can’t get enough of these easy wraps that I have been preparing lately, like my BBQ Jackfruit wrap and my Curried tofu wrap they are perfect for the busy parent who wants to get in the kitchen and get up as fast as possible.
This Chickpea Salad Wrap will be ready in less than 10 minutes. It is made with vine-ripened tomatoes and fresh lettuce that had a crunch in every bite.
The beauty of the wrap is it that the chickpea salad can be prepared ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator. For the wraps, I used my favorite gluten-free wraps from La tortilla factory.
- Energy: 209 kcal / 874 kJ
- Fat: 8 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Carbs: 29 g
- Preparation: 5 min
- Ready in: 5 min
- 2 Servings
For The Chickpea Salad
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise, (Just Mayo or Vegenaise)
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 large Tortillas, (I used gluten-free, vegan)
Extra Veggies For The Wrap
- Place chickpeas in a medium bowl, lightly mash chickpeas using a fork or potato masher leaving some whole chickpeas for texture.
- Stir in mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, green onions, garlic, celery, walnuts, and salt. Adjust seasoning.
- To assemble wraps, layer lettuce, tomatoes, and chickpea salad on tortillas. Wrap tortillas into a burrito shape and enjoy.