Amazing BBQ Jackfruit Wraps are so easy to make, ready in about 30 minutes and they are vegan and gluten-free. The perfect lunch idea or even for a quick weeknight dinner, jackfruit cooked in your favorite barbecue sauce and served with avocado, tomato, lettuce, red onion and garlic aioli sauce wrapped in a gluten-free vegan tortilla.
I love how versatile green jackfruit is, you can create many delicious recipes from it. Like my Instant Pot Jackfruit and Potato Curry, Jackfruit Tacos, and Jackfruit Stew. If you haven't tried it as yet, I encourage to dive in and enjoy these amazing recipes.
I have been cooking with green jackfruit long before it became popular here in the USA, I discovered it in the frozen aisle and on the shelves of Indian supermarkets in New Jersey 15 years ago and the easiest thing for me to have done with it was to add it to curries back then. I loved it so much that I have 2 recipes in my Cookbook.
To make this BBQ Jackfruit wrap, it is super easy but the taste is so amazing. I start by cooking the jackfruit in barbecue sauce. You can use your favorite store-bought kind or try my Barbecue Sauce, I then make an aioli sauce with vegan mayo, crushed garlic, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. That's basically it.
My favorite gluten-free wraps are from La tortilla factory.
- 370 kcal / 1547 kJ
- 14 g
- 4 g
- 50 g
- 1 20-ounce can green jackfruit , drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Salt to taste
- 4 large gluten-free tortillas
- Shredded Romaine lettuce
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced red onions
- Sliced avocados
- garlic aioli sauce , recipe below
Garlic Aioli Sauce
- 10 min
- 20 min
- Ready in:
- 30 min
- Toss jackfruit with onion and garlic powder. Heat vegetable broth in a large skillet over medium heat, add jackfruit, barbecue sauce, and stir to coat.
- Cover skillet, lower heat and allow to cook for about 15 to 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Using two forks shred jackfruit. In the meanwhile prepare garlic aioli sauce.
- To prepare garlic aioli, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic and salt in a bowl.
- Heat tortillas until soft. Lay each tortilla on cutting board, spread the tortilla with garlic aioli sauce, top with lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado and BBQ jackfruit.
- Wrap tortilla into a burrito shape and slice in the middle.