This creamy Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip is so indulgent and it is quick and easy to prepare! Loaded with spinach and artichoke hearts, it is a definite crowd pleaser, your holiday guests will fall in love!
This past Sunday, we decided to take a family trip to Jacksonville to visit our daughter Devannah who is attending college there. I wanted to do some shopping for her as well as pick up some holiday shopping for ourselves.
We decided to go to BJ’s Wholesale Club because of their fresh organic produce, affordable prices and bulk items. I’m a member but my daughter isn’t, fortunately they are offering a Free 90 Day Trial Membership.
Since my daughter lives close to Bj’s Wholesale Club, she wanted the trial membership.
We printed the Coupon and took it to Members Services where she got her membership card.
We had a lovely time going through the aisles, while we catch up with our daughter about her time in college and at work.
At BJ’s Wholesale Club, you can find all your holiday shopping needs for the entire family.
I found a lovely sweater for my hubby, toys for Daevyd, socks for Randine and toiletries for Devannah.
I was excited to find a great deal of $6.99 for a 34.6 oz of marinated artichoke hearts and a container of organic spinach for $3.99.
I decided to go home and do recipe testing on Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip. I’m crazy about artichokes, so I’m always experimenting with it! Check out my amazing recipe for Artichoke Hummus.
As members, we took advantage of 5 cents off per gallon deal on gas after we were finished with our shopping. This awesome deal will last until January 1st.
The dip is so creamy and full of flavor that you won’t even miss the cheese. If you would like to stir in 1/2 cup of shredded vegan cheese before baking feel free to do so but honestly you don’t need to!
If you are using a high speed blender, you don’t need to soak the cashews. If you are using regular blender, You can also soak cashews in boiling water for 1 hour to speed up the process.
For: 6 servings
- 1 cup raw cashews, rinsed
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened, or your favorite non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes, (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups artichoke hearts,, chopped, (I used marinated kind for extra flavor)
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- In a high speed blend, process cashews, almond milk, onion, garlic, lemon juice, salt, nutritional yeast and cayenne pepper until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium high heat, add onion and cook stirring until soft about 2 minutes. Add garlic and spinach and Italian seasoning, cook until spinach has wilted.
- Remove from heat and add artichokes and cashew sauce. Stir to coat. Check seasoning.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Delicious served with crackers, chips or fresh veggies!