Easy and flavorful Vegan Black Bean Tacos recipe is healthy and economical. Seasoned black beans topped with creamy guacamole, lettuce and, tomatoes in a gluten-free taco shell.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
So hubby came home from work and I was busy with a project and didn’t get around to fixing his dinner. He said to make things easier fix something with couple cans of black beans.
Well right away I thought of preparing tacos, we had all the ingredients on hand except I only had no corn tortillas, so I got in the kitchen and in no time I whipped up these flavorful spicy black bean tacos.
How To Prepare Vegan Black Bean Tacos
I trimmed my gluten-free tortillas down to the approximate size of corn tortillas and saved the excess pieces to prepare tortilla chips at a later date.
The Vegan Black Bean Tacos recipe was so easy to prepare, just like my Chickpea Taco recipe. I cook the beans with salsa and some spices. Then I prepare the guacamole and tomatoes and lettuce, that’s it. Heat the tortillas and top with fillings and serve, so flavorful, healthy and simple.
What is the difference between a taco and a burrito?
A taco means ‘light snack’ it is traditionally served as the name implies a light snack. A taco is usually smaller in size than a burrito, it is usually prepared with corn tortillas which are more delicate than flour tortillas. Tacos are left opened while burritos are wrapped.
Stuffing for a taco is usually a single protein topped with lettuce, tomato, salsa.
Burritos are usually stuffed with more fillings, beans, rice, meat, cheese, vegetables, one burrito can be considered a meal whereas you would have to eat about 3 tacos to feel satisfied.
Please Check Out My Other Delicious Taco Recipes:
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our new facebook group, sharing lots of delicious vegan recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends at Vegan Recipes With Love!
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Energy: 204 kcal / 853 kJ
- Fat: 5 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Carbs: 32 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- Ready in: 20 min
- For: 8 Serving
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- 8 tacos, warmed
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft about 3 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add salsa, black beans, cayenne, salt, and stir. Simmer for about 6 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Check seasoning and mash some of the beans with a fork.
- To assemble, cook taco on each side in a hot skillet. layer black beans, guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese sauce.